none
GAL just show me the user's name without other details (Tel number, Title, Business phone ...etc)

Question

•  

Hi everybody.

Recently, we have migrated Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010. The users (with Cached mode only) who are moved to exchange 2010 could not see the full details from the GAL list (first appearance). They should click on the contact or users to get the full details.

Using online mode does show them the GAL list with full details for all users.

Thanks for any suggestions to solve the issue of cached exchange mode.

Qadous

Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:21 AM

Answers

• it shows me the configuredAttributes as --> {}

Qadous

Hmm, interesting.
    You should have got a list of the attributes that are available for the OAB.

If these attribues are missing, then it makes perfectly sence that the users don't see them.

You can add them manully, but I think you will find it easer to create a new OAB instead.

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by Qadous Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:45 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:43 AM
  • What you see in the above picture is default configured attributes for the OAB and you can populate it with this lines below. You will need to add all attributes in the second line. I only added two of them as an example. I would create a new OAB instead.

$OAB = (Get-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book").ConfiguredAttributes
    $OAB.Add("OfficeLocation,ANR","MobileTelephoneNumber,value")
    Set-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book" -ConfiguredAttributes $OAB

Update-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book"

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by Qadous Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:00 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:57 AM

All replies

• Adding one more thing, deleting the outlook profile and creating the new profile solve the issue for a while then the issue is returned back quickly.

Qadous

Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:45 AM
  • Hi,
    Go to Send/Receive Groups | Download Address Book in Outlook and make sure your users has the option "Full Details" checked.

Martina Miskovic

Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:02 AM
  • thank you first,

that does not solve the issue

Qadous

Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:11 AM
  • thank you first,

that does not solve the issue

Qadous

What do you mean by that?
    Was "Full Details" or "No Details" checked?

Martina Miskovic

Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:13 AM
  • it is always with full details. as your screenshot. it is all users issue in cache mode.

Qadous

Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:21 AM
  • it is always with full details. as your screenshot. it is all users issue in cache mode.

Qadous

OK, that was a better answer :)

Have the ConfiguredAttributes for the OAB been modified?
    Check with:
    (Get-OfflineAddressBook Default*).configuredattributes

Martina Miskovic

Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:24 AM

one more thing. the users also in Cache mode cannot accept the meeting request on behalf of the delegating user.

he will get : cannot open calendar folder  for use *

Qadous

Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:32 AM

Qadous

Hmm, interesting.
    You should have got a list of the attributes that are available for the OAB.

If these attribues are missing, then it makes perfectly sence that the users don't see them.

You can add them manully, but I think you will find it easer to create a new OAB instead.

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by Qadous Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:45 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:43 AM
  • Thank you very much. would you please tell me the whole default attributes. i need to re-add them and the proper way.

Qadous

Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:51 AM
  • What you see in the above picture is default configured attributes for the OAB and you can populate it with this lines below. You will need to add all attributes in the second line. I only added two of them as an example. I would create a new OAB instead.

$OAB = (Get-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book").ConfiguredAttributes
    $OAB.Add("OfficeLocation,ANR","MobileTelephoneNumber,value")
    Set-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book" -ConfiguredAttributes $OAB

Update-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address Book"

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by Qadous Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:00 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:57 AM