none
Outlook 2013 crashes when opening or expanding reoccuring appointments.

Question

• I'm helping a user who is using Outlook 2013 connecting to an Exchange 2010 server.  Every time she opens a reoccurring appointment or expands the time and stretches Outlook crashes and restarts.  I'm just wondering if anyone else is running into this issue? 

I just uninstalled Office 2013 & deleted the HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Microsoft\Office key & deleted the c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\ directory and reinstalled and Outlook still crashes on her computer on the reoccurring appointments.

Here's the application crash entry from the Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 15.0.4420.1017, time stamp: 0x506734e2

Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.1, time stamp: 0x4d5f0c22

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00002014

Faulting process id: 0xbb8

Faulting application start time: 0x01ceeab857b80f17

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OUTLOOK.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCR100.dll

• Edited by Mr Mike2 Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:20 PM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

What happens if you try the same on OWA?

What happens if you open outlook in safe mode and try opening the meeting invite? "outlook.exe /safe" without quotes

In this situation, what I think is happening is - Outlook could not expand the free/busy for the meeting and / or conflicting with an add-on that is loaded on the outlook client

Let us knwo how it went!

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. Regards, Siva

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:37 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, there is just one user with this issue. Please also confirm whether the issue occurred after some Outlook updates.

We can try to create a new Outlook profile by using the Mail item in Control Panel to check whether the issue persists. Here are some detailed solutions about Outlook 2013 crashes in the KB below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2632425/en-us

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:44 AM
  • There is just one user with the problem.  I logged with an admin account and set up my email but my calendar worked just fine so and I looked at the Windows updates and a message came up saying I prompted to reboot.  SCCM pushed out about 60+ updates on her computer and the problem still exists after the update. 

I disabled all the addins and Outlook still crashes on moving/expanding the appointments.  A couple of her appointments don't have data in them and are just marked as Personal.  Could that be the problem?  I think I'm just going to uninstall Office 2013 and put Office 2010 back on. 

• Edited by Mr Mike2 Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:45 PM
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:46 PM
  • Hi,

Since the issue only happens to one user, please check whether the issue happen in OWA. If the reoccurring appointment can be opened in OWA normally, we can delete the existing recurring meeting, and then re-create it by using Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access to check whether the issue persists in Outlook.

Have you tried to create a new profile in Outlook as I mentioned earlier? Please try it and also check whether the account can work well in another computer with Outlook 2013.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 05, 2013 5:08 AM
  • I decided to uninstall Office 2013 and reinstall Office 2010.  Thank you for your help! 
    Thursday, December 05, 2013 5:30 PM