none
Getting error in outlook 2010 "changes made to the item were lost due to a reconnect with the server"

Question

• Hi,

some one help me in this

while am going to send a mail using outlook 2010 , am getting follwing error:

"changes made to the item were lost due to a reconnect with the server"

Regards, Srikanth Paka
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• this message got corrupted i guess 

may be due to DAG fail-over during that time caused this...

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:10 AM
  • Hi,

Can you reproduce the issue?

Please verify if the issue occur to all the outlook users.

I suspect it could be the network related issue.

Please try to check event log from your Exchange Server/Client side to see if any related event has been logged there.

Also you can try to use netmon to monitor the network. Related information you can refer to the article below:

RPC cancel request dialogue box due to session timeout triggered by the Network devices

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/roopeshpattan/archive/2009/06/17/rpc-cancel-request-dialogue-box-due-to-session-timeout-triggered-by-the-network-devices.aspx

Xiu

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:58 AM
  • i believe its due to network connection hiccups 

while in the middle of sending  a mail your connection may have gone and re-connected 

just try to recreate this by sending a mail and do disable and reconnect your network  simultaneously.....

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:33 AM
  • I got that message and simple reboot resolved it.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:09 PM
  • I having the same issue but it is not network related, The user has 3 office 365 accounts all under the same domain and all configured in outlook 2010.

accounts 1 and 2 will let you start typing a email and change the sender to the other account with no issues, If you try changing it to the 3rd account you get the error "Changes made to the item were lost due to a reconnect with the server".

it will let you send emails out of account 3 but will not let you change sender to account 1 or 2 with out getting the error.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:18 PM