none
Sync Issue 80070005-508-80070005-560 - Error synchronizing folder

Question

• Hello,

various Users in our Exchange Organization experiencing the following error:

10:38:05 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'UserB - Kalender'
    10:38:05 Downloading from server 'server'
    10:38:05 Error synchronizing folder
    10:38:05    [80070005-508-80070005-560]
    10:38:05    You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object.  See the folder contact or your system administrator.
    10:38:05    Microsoft Exchange Information Store
    10:38:05    For more information on this failure, click the URL below:
    10:38:05    http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80070005-508-80070005-560

I already read the other posts in this forum regarding this error and checked the permissions.

UserA which has opened the shared calendar of UserB has the access rights "AvailabilityOnly". So UserA can open the calendar normaly and see when UserB is Busy, Out of Office and so on (no details).

If i disable the "Download shared folders" setting in "Account Settings -> Choose Exchange Account -> More Settings -> Advanced" the error disappears.

But sometimes the user wants this information be available offline. Is there any other way to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Friday, November 16, 2012 10:06 AM

Answers

• Availability information can only be viewed when beeing connected to Exchange.
    It seems to me that you are using Outlook 2010 is that correct? That was the first version of Outlook where it was possible to add somebody elses calendar without having read permission (not the same as Availability Information)

So in other words, unless you're not removing "Downlaod Shared Folders" (that is something I usually recommend) or are given the permission to read calendar items in UserBs Mailbox, you will see that error.

@Andy - Did you contact your System Administrator :)

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by a.bauer Friday, November 16, 2012 3:38 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 1:32 PM

All replies

• I would make sure you are running the latest Office hotfixes. Also ask this in the Outlook Forum and see if they have any other ideas:

( P.S. I see this in Outlook 2013 as well now)

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Friday, November 16, 2012 12:58 PM
  • Availability information can only be viewed when beeing connected to Exchange.
    It seems to me that you are using Outlook 2010 is that correct? That was the first version of Outlook where it was possible to add somebody elses calendar without having read permission (not the same as Availability Information)

So in other words, unless you're not removing "Downlaod Shared Folders" (that is something I usually recommend) or are given the permission to read calendar items in UserBs Mailbox, you will see that error.

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by a.bauer Friday, November 16, 2012 3:38 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 1:32 PM

• @Andy - Did you contact your System Administrator :)

Martina Miskovic

Yea, he shrugged his shoulders! I actuall never saw this in Outlook 2010, just in Outlook 2013. Go figure.
    Friday, November 16, 2012 1:38 PM

Martina Miskovic

you are right, we are using Outlook 2010. With Outlook 2007 it's not possible to add these calendars.

I will check the latest Outlook Hotfixes, but i think we are already quite up to date. So maybe this is just normal.

Friday, November 16, 2012 2:12 PM
  • I will check the latest Outlook Hotfixes, but i think we are already quite up to date. So maybe this is just normal.

Yes, that is normal and personally I think that "Download Shared Folders" creates more problem that it solves.

Martina Miskovic

• Proposed as answer by LynxJ Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:13 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by LynxJ Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Juha Lemmetti Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:24 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 3:21 PM
  • I will check the latest Outlook Hotfixes, but i think we are already quite up to date. So maybe this is just normal.

Yes, that is normal and personally I think that "Download Shared Folders" creates more problem that it solves.

Martina Miskovic

Yep. Not to mention it grows the .ost cache!

Friday, November 16, 2012 3:25 PM
  • Can we find out the calendar issues in OWA login ?
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:12 AM