none
Mailbox Database not mounting Exchange 2010

Question

• Hi All,

Here is the Scenario, I created alternate FSW on one of my HT, and since that i am not able to mount the Mailbox Database on the server in the DAG. It's two AD site topology.

When ever it tried to mount the database it get error ---

--------------------------------------------------------
    Microsoft Exchange Error
    Failed to mount database 'ABCManagementRemote'.
    dmsManagementRemote
    Failed
    Error:
    Couldn't mount the database that you specified. Specified database: dmsManagementRemote; Error code: An Active Manager operation failed. Error: The Microsoft Exchange Replication service may not be running on server dmsdrexch2.ABC.LOCAL. Specific RPC error message: Error 0x6ba (The RPC server is unavailable) from cli_GetPrimaryActiveManager..
    An Active Manager operation failed. Error: The Microsoft Exchange Replication service may not be running on server dmsdrexch2.ABC.LOCAL. Specific RPC error message: Error 0x6ba (The RPC server is unavailable) from cli_GetPrimaryActiveManager.
    Error 0x6ba (The RPC server is unavailable) from cli_GetPrimaryActiveManager

OK

No event in application log, I have three node on this site and three on another site. I found one thing, when i open Failover Cluster manager i see the clustername but below that there is nothing except Cluster Event, which has events in it. I am getting event id 1573 in cluster event ---
    Node 'DMSEXCH3' failed to form a cluster. This was because the witness was not accessible. Please ensure that the witness resource is online and available.

Initially i wasn't able to access the FSW from Mailbox Server due to permission issue but i got it fixed.

Please help

Friday, October 08, 2010 7:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did you examine the Microsoft Exchange Replication service as the error suggests?

You do not need the FSW to mount a database as this acts as a vote only when there is a failure of another node.  So while you should fix that, let’s come back to it.

Let me make sure I understand.  You've got a 6 node DAG with a FSW across two sites?  - wow, ok.

in failover cluster manager - is your DAG resource online?  This is an example of a healthy DAG in the failover cluster manager: 

Mike Crowley
    Check out My Blog!

Sunday, October 10, 2010 2:26 AM
  • Hi Mike,

I have checked the service on the server and its running and in failover cluster manager, i don't see anything accept the name of cluster and below that Cluster Events.

Yes you are right i do not need FSW to mount the database, but here is the thing, if i turn on the previous HT server on which FSW originally use to be than it works fine i can mount the database. Now i am wondering what it could be, could it be permissions or something?

No events in application log at all.... :(

-Gulab

Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:15 AM
  • Come on Guys, I have posted only two questions in more than 1 year, including this.
    hey Mike any update..?

Some body, please help :(

-Gulab

• Edited by Gulab Prasad Monday, October 11, 2010 12:54 PM update
    Monday, October 11, 2010 12:52 PM
  • Hi Gulab Mallah,

About the Alternative FSW, you could refer to below:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/6bbd625d-720f-46dc-9157-1809fe30db8d
    That is the Alternate FSW would be used when Restore-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup is ran.
    If you lose the orginal FSW, the DAG would just have odd number, in my opinion.

Regards!
    Gavin
    • Marked as answer by Gulab Prasad Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:06 PM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:33 AM
  • Hi Gulab!!

I have the same problem.

did you resolve the problem?

any idea?

Alejandro
    Friday, April 08, 2011 9:53 PM
  • In my case the issue was that i added installed the server first and than added to the site, which it shouldn't be...

I am not sure whats in your case...

Gulab | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2007 | MCC 2011 | Skype: Gulab.Mallah
    Saturday, April 09, 2011 8:22 AM