none
can't uninstall office 2007

Question

•  

when I try to remove my office 2007, after i click remove, got message in pop out "setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available,run setup again from the original source disk or download location."

I have lose my original office  2007 cd already , how to settled this problem?

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:01 PM

All replies

• I am disappointed to see that there hasn't even been a reply to this... I am having the same problem but with the install... I get the exact error message when I try to install my copy which came with my Partner program packs. This laptop I am using came with that pre-installed version which I have removed, but still no luck.
    Friday, April 25, 2008 10:40 PM
  • Hey there,

First day on the forums and I am tyring to help as many people as possible.

Ok, this issue is most likely due to the Excel.msp error. I know it is a common problem when trying to uninstall Office 2007. The only way to fix this  that I have seen is to go into your registry and find where it calls for the Excel.msp file and remove  that key.

As always make sure to back up the key first.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:49 PM
  • Hi chris Manning

I can't find this excel.msp file in my windowns registry,Do you have any uninstall tool to remove office 2007?

thank you

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:58 PM
  • Try This from the command-line:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe" /uninstall PROPLUS /dll OSETUP.DLL

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:26 PM
  • I get an error that says product installation is corrupted and to reinstall from original source CD, DVD, or download.  Any ideas?

Friday, September 26, 2008 2:16 AM
  • did you try this link?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301  (MicrosoftFixit50154.msi)

There is a tool to download from Microsoft (a souped up version of the older Windows Installer Clean Up Setup.  It may help.

My issue was a bit more complex because the machine was loaded as a private network then added to a domain so the permissions sets are abnormal.  Taking permission did not do the trick so I reverted to the older Windows Installer Cleanup Tool (2003).  I was able to remove the registry entries then load the installation disks for access to the msi and this allowed proper uninstall. Permission must be obtained not just in the file system but in the registry hives as well. Be prepared to reinstall your system if you fail.

I'm not sure what to tell you if you don't have a copy of the disk.   Borrow one from somebody? 

• Edited by Crakdkorn Saturday, October 09, 2010 12:32 PM hives
    Saturday, October 09, 2010 11:35 AM