none
Outlook freezes when deleting or opening documents.

General discussion

• I have a SBS2003R2 server with Office 2003 Std. clients. The system has been working fine since installation. About a week or so ago I began having this issue. It is not user or system dependant. Any user on any computer has the same problem. Outlook will hang for up to 15 minutes while deleting or opening items in any folder. I have run ESEUTIL /G with no errors reported and have used ESEUTIL to compact the databases. I did not rung ESEUTIL with the repair option since there were no errors when I ran the integrity test. I'm not getting any errors during backup that there are corrupted items in the store. I need some help with this one.
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:50 PM

All replies

• What service pack are the client at? Are they in online mode or cached mode? What version of Exchange does that run, I'm guessing 2003?

Mark Morowczynski|MCT| MCSE 2003:Messaging, Security|MCITP:EMA 2K7,EDA Win 7,ES,SA,EA|MCTS:Windows Mobile Admin|Security+|http://almostdailytech.com
    Monday, July 12, 2010 12:41 AM
  • You don't thousands of items in that folder, do you?
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "Lloydsterb" wrote in message news:809b1b8f-d40b-4e34-b1d4-671bcee4aab8...
    I have a SBS2003R2 server with Office 2003 Std. clients. The system has been working fine since installation. About a week or so ago I began having this issue. It is not user or system dependant. Any user on any computer has the same problem. Outlook will hang for up to 15 minutes while deleting or opening items in any folder. I have run ESEUTIL /G with no errors reported and have used ESEUTIL to compact the databases. I did not rung ESEUTIL with the repair option since there were no errors when I ran the integrity test. I'm not getting any errors during backup that there are corrupted items in the store. I need some help with this one.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Monday, July 12, 2010 1:57 AM
  • Automatic updates are run through SBS, so they are up to date. None are on cached mode, Exch2003, SP2. There are less than ten mailboxes in this system, but three of them are between 300 and 450 MB.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 3:56 PM
  • It doesn't matter which folder. Even in the junk mail folder with 3 or 4 messages the problem is present. Inboxes have less than 500 messages
    Monday, July 12, 2010 3:58 PM
  • Have you run Perfmon to see if you are having server performance bottlenecks?
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "Lloydsterb" wrote in message news:b9392dc0-fe24-4ec4-9dae-e778c17d4313...
    It doesn't matter which folder. Even in the junk mail folder with 3 or 4 messages the problem is present. Inboxes have less than 500 messages

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Monday, July 12, 2010 4:06 PM
  • It's an SBS server. It's frequently low (<100MB) on available RAM. The server has 4GB (3.5 usable, thank you Microsoft). But even after freeing up RAM or a fresh reboot does not seem to have a positive effect.
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:47 PM