none
Free/Busy between 2 Exchange Enterprises and Lotus Notes

Question

• Dear.
    We have two AD forests each with their own Exchange Enterprise. In these forests we have Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010. Due to a merger, we also have a lotus notes. Question: did someone tested or deployed a solution or product to sync free/busy information between all these mail infrastructures?

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Peter

Peter Van Keymeulen, IT Infrastructure Solution Architect, www.edeconsulting.be

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

you can use transport suite for lotus notes and use exchange 2003 or 2007 as bridghead to make it work. I did not use it but i can see several article on it.

Have a look this too Article

Anil MCC 2011,ITIL V3,MCSA 2003,MCTS 2010, My Blog : http://messagingschool.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:29 PM
  • The Availability service improves information workers' free/busy information by providing secure, consistent, and up-to-date free/busy information to clients that are running Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. By default, this service is installed with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. In cross-forest topologies where all connecting clients are running Outlook 2007, the Availability service is the only method of retrieving free/busy information. You can use the Shell to configure the Availability service for cross-forest topologies.

And here is an article about How to Configure the Availability Service for Cross-Forest Topologies for reference.

In addition, using federated delegation, users in your on-premises Exchange organization can share free/busy calendar information with recipients in other Exchange organizations that are also configured for federated delegation. For details, see this document. Hope helps.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

you can use transport suite for lotus notes and use exchange 2003 or 2007 as bridghead to make it work. I did not use it but i can see several article on it.

Have a look this too Article

Anil MCC 2011,ITIL V3,MCSA 2003,MCTS 2010, My Blog : http://messagingschool.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:29 PM
  • The Availability service improves information workers' free/busy information by providing secure, consistent, and up-to-date free/busy information to clients that are running Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. By default, this service is installed with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. In cross-forest topologies where all connecting clients are running Outlook 2007, the Availability service is the only method of retrieving free/busy information. You can use the Shell to configure the Availability service for cross-forest topologies.

And here is an article about How to Configure the Availability Service for Cross-Forest Topologies for reference.

In addition, using federated delegation, users in your on-premises Exchange organization can share free/busy calendar information with recipients in other Exchange organizations that are also configured for federated delegation. For details, see this document. Hope helps.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:30 AM