none
Outlook autodiscover - The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list. OWA and ERCA works

    Question

  • Hello,

    I am unable to get a mailbox to connect for the first time using outlook 2010 autodiscover. OWA, test email configuratiuon and testexchangeconnectivity.com are connecting and/or returning the XML as expected.

    The action cannot be completed.  The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list.

    I have a single CAS server for testing

    any ideas?

    thanks for reading, Colm

     

    Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:20 AM

Answers

  • resolved...

     

    I had the internal address populated in the server name

     

    set internal and external to the same and connectivity restored

    • Marked as answer by colmblake Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:06 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:06 AM

All replies

  • resolved...

     

    I had the internal address populated in the server name

     

    set internal and external to the same and connectivity restored

    • Marked as answer by colmblake Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:06 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:06 AM
  • Can you elaborate on how you set these to be the same? I can enumerate internal and external address in a couple different places, and I'd like to know where the right place is to change the internal host name. Any help is appreciated!
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 12:16 AM
  • So EXRCA works and can log on to the mailbox ok?

    Is this /hosting or Enterprise Exchange?

    If Enterprise, is this mixed 2007/2010?

    Monday, November 14, 2011 11:03 PM
  • I have got into the habit of making changes in the powershell, I had a situation where the GUI and the PS were telling me different things and so I always use PS to be certain

    I got this script from somewhere on the net.. not my work and unfortunately i cant give credit to the author

    type the address you wish to use when prompted and the script will make all the changes 

     

    #InternalURL.ps1
    $urlpath = Read-Host "Type internal Client Access FQDN starting with http:// or https://"
    Set-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory -Identity * –internalurl “$urlpath/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml”
    Set-ClientAccessServer –Identity * –AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri “$urlpath/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml”
    Set-webservicesvirtualdirectory –Identity * –internalurl “$urlpath/ews/exchange.asmx”
    Set-oabvirtualdirectory –Identity * –internalurl “$urlpath/oab”
    Set-owavirtualdirectory –Identity * –internalurl “$urlpath/owa”
    Set-ecpvirtualdirectory –Identity * –internalurl “$urlpath/ecp”
    Set-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -Identity * -InternalUrl "$urlpath/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync"
    #get commands to  to doublecheck the config
    get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory | ft identity,internalurl
    get-ClientAccessServer | ft identity,AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri
    get-webservicesvirtualdirectory | ft identity,internalurl
    get-oabvirtualdirectory | ft identity,internalurl
    get-owavirtualdirectory | ft identity,internalurl
    get-ecpvirtualdirectory | ft identity,internalurl
    get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory | ft identity,internalurl
    

    #externalURL.ps1
    $urlpath = Read-Host "Type external Client Access FQDN starting with http:// or https://"
    Set-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory -Identity * –externalurl “$urlpath/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml”
    Set-ClientAccessServer –Identity * –AutodiscoverServiceexternalUri “$urlpath/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml”
    Set-webservicesvirtualdirectory –Identity * –externalurl “$urlpath/ews/exchange.asmx”
    Set-oabvirtualdirectory –Identity * –externalurl “$urlpath/oab”
    Set-owavirtualdirectory –Identity * –externalurl “$urlpath/owa”
    Set-ecpvirtualdirectory –Identity * –externalurl “$urlpath/ecp”
    Set-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory -Identity * -externalUrl "$urlpath/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync"
    #get commands to  to doublecheck the config
    get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory | ft identity,externalurl
    get-ClientAccessServer | ft identity,AutodiscoverServiceexternalUri
    get-webservicesvirtualdirectory | ft identity,externalurl
    get-oabvirtualdirectory | ft identity,externalurl
    get-owavirtualdirectory | ft identity,externalurl
    get-ecpvirtualdirectory | ft identity,externalurl
    get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory | ft identity,externalurl
    


    save the code as a .ps1 file and run in the EMS, as always, test first :)

    you could just combine them into a single script

    hope this helps

     

     


    • Edited by colmblake Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:26 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:25 AM