none
Exchange 2010 on server 2012 Datacenter edition

Question

• I installed exchange server 2010 successfully on windows server 2012 datacenter edition. Everything is working fine. I can open queue viewer but whenever i click on a message in queue, it gives me error like

Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'BookmarkObject'. Cannot convert the "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.QueueViewer.PropertyBagBasedInfo" value of type "Deserialized.Microsoft.Exchange.Data.QueueViewer.PropertyBagBasedInfo" to type "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.QueueViewer.ExtensibleMessageInfo".

This error is very annoying.

Plz help out there.

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:25 AM

All replies

• Windows Server 2012, Requires Exchange 2010 SP3 or later, make sure you have all the latest rollup\Sp installed.

OM (MCITP) | Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013 9:48 AM
  •  Run EXBPA and check the overall health of the server

Girishp

Monday, March 25, 2013 9:57 AM
  • its SP3.

Monday, March 25, 2013 10:08 AM
  • To be exact, you need to install Exchange 2010 using the SP3 media on Server 2012.  Installing using RTM, SP1 or SP2 media and then upgrading to SP3 is not supported.

Cheers, Steve

• I ran it health is all right.
  • I installed with 2010 SP3 DVD.

Monday, March 25, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Hi

Can you offer relevant event error ? Can you send and receive email through owa and outlook ?
       BookmarkObject parameters is advanced page parameters. It can mark a position in the sorted result set. If the bookmark object no longer exists when the next page of results is retrieved, the default ordering relationship makes sure that the result set starts with the closest object to the bookmark. The closest object depends on the specified sort order.

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:05 AM
  • Everything else is working fine. users can send & receive mails from owa as well as outlook. No of queues in queue viewer range from 0 to 25. I am just annoyed with Bookmark objects error.
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:46 AM
  • i'm running into the same exact error with queue viewer

Windows Server 2012
    Exchange 2010 SP3

Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'BookmarkObject'. Cannot convert the "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.QueueViewer.PropertyBagBasedInfo" value of type "Deserialized.Microsoft.Exchange.Data.QueueViewer.PropertyBagBasedInfo" to type "Microsoft.Exchange.Data.QueueViewer.ExtensibleMessageInfo".

The remote pipline has been stopped.  It was running the command get-message -ResultSize 1000 -ReturnPageInfo $true -SortOrder '+FromAddress' -server '<servername>.<domain>.com' -SearchForward $true -BookmarkObject $null -BookmarkIndex '-1' -IncludeBookmark $false -Filter '((Queue -eq "<servername>\202"))'

MSExchange Management Event Log:

(PID 4864, Thread 32) Task Get-Message throwing unhandled exception: System.Management.Automation.PipelineStoppedException: The pipeline has been stopped.
       at System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.WriteProgress(ProgressRecord progressRecord)
       at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.WriteProgress(ProgressRecord progressRecord)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.AutoReportProgress()
       at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ProcessRecord().

Cmdlet failed. Cmdlet Get-Message, parameters {IncludeBookmark=False, SortOrder={+FromAddress}, ReturnPageInfo=True, BookmarkObject=, Server=<servername>.<domain>.com, ResultSize=1000, SearchForward=True, BookmarkIndex=-1, Filter=((Queue -eq '<servername>\202'))}.

Has any progress been made?

Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:44 PM
  • See if any of these help:

• http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbusinessserver/thread/460f75e5-61be-42c8-a9d3-e813528b2e02/
    • http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/aa03f709-53ce-48d6-8c06-142b733cdefa/
    • http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdeploylegacy/thread/6b18c231-175d-4d93-9b33-1caa09207587/

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:18 PM
  • Please help. 

Monday, April 01, 2013 5:22 AM
  • Install Exchange Analyzer Tools and Get me know the error code.
    Monday, April 01, 2013 6:32 AM
  • I am not getting any error code.

Plz help

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 8:03 AM
  • We are also seeing this error (a lot) on a Server 2012 Standard with Exchange 2010 SP3. The key appears to be Server 2012 as we have never seen on a Server 2008/R2 platform, of which we manage a wide number.

The actual server is fine, BPA is fine, all Exchange transport is fine, Outlook, OWA is all fine.

When opening the queue viewer, you can see some messages but as soon as you try and carry out any actions (e.g. drill into particular queues or sort columns) you get the error:

- Transport service is OK, server has been restarted numerous times
    - No other Exchange servers exist in the environment (this was a migration from Exchange 2003)
    - There is no visible impact to any users ot mail flow. This is purely an annoyance in the EMC as far as we can see

Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:13 PM
  • We are also seeing this error (a lot) on a Server 2012 Standard with Exchange 2010 SP3. The key appears to be Server 2012 as we have never seen on a Server 2008/R2 platform, of which we manage a wide number.

The actual server is fine, BPA is fine, all Exchange transport is fine, Outlook, OWA is all fine.

When opening the queue viewer, you can see some messages but as soon as you try and carry out any actions (e.g. drill into particular queues or sort columns) you get the error:

- Transport service is OK, server has been restarted numerous times
    - No other Exchange servers exist in the environment (this was a migration from Exchange 2003)
    - There is no visible impact to any users ot mail flow. This is purely an annoyance in the EMC as far as we can see

We also experience this issue with Exchange 2010 SP3 (installed from SP3) on Windows 2012 Server Standard. I guess this is a bug and hope this will be solved in some rollup update.
    Monday, July 01, 2013 11:32 AM
  • Hello, does anyone have an answer for this Queue Viewer issue?

I'm exactly on same position as GeorgeHewitt.

Also, have installed Rollup 2 for Exchange 2010 SP3, with no success so far.

Cesar.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:10 AM
  • Hello, I get the same error at a customer.

In my case it was a migration from EX2003 to ex2010SP3 on a clean installation of windows server 2012.

I found this Link. The result is that it was the database. I don't know if the mean the queue database or the mailbox database....

Frank.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:25 AM
  • I'm also having this exact same issue on a client's Exchange server (Windows 2012, Exchange 2010 SP3, migrated from WS08R2, EX2010SP2, but appears to be previously migrated from Exchange 2003).  The link above requires signing up to a paid subscription service.  Would anyone here care to enlighten those that don't have access to this?

Thanks.
    Andy.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:27 AM
  • I am also in the same boat and still scouring for an answer.

My problem seems to follow the pattern: Was running Exchange 2003 at one point and then upgraded to 2010 (ran successfully on 2008 R2) and then once the OS was upgraded to 2012, we started getting this error.

-Michael

Monday, October 14, 2013 9:49 PM
  • I am also in the same boat...

Exchange 2010, SP3 on Win2012.  Can't install SP3-RU1 or SP3-RU2 on Exchange, suspect .net 4 problem on Win2012? 

Matt

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:00 PM
  • Any news on this issue. We are seeing the same thing?
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:59 PM
  • me too, anyone found anything?

one answer on another forum suggested external reverse DNS being the culprit as in MS themselves had given this is a fix and it worked for him.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:06 PM
  • Hi, I get the same error.

there are now a bugfix ?

SP3 + Srv 2012 Datacenter Edition

Friday, January 24, 2014 8:13 AM
  • I installed exchange server 2010 successfully on windows server 2012 datacenter edition. Everything is working fine. I can open queue viewer but whenever i click on a message in queue, it gives me error like

This error is very annoying.

Plz help out there.

Looks like get-queue works and give expected result. I am using this as work around till some fix is around the corner
    Friday, January 24, 2014 3:30 PM
  • Confirmed as a known issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2931150/en-us?sd=rss&spid=13965

So get-queue is listed as the only work around.
    Monday, March 03, 2014 3:59 PM