none
Meeting requests on public folder calendar not my updating Exchange calendar.

Question

• Hi All

Please can someone assist, I have a user using Office 2010 and when the user sends out a meeting request from a public folder calendar, it comes up with a message saying "Responses to this meeting request will not be tallied because the meeting is not in your main Calendar folder. Is this OK?" Before we would click OK and then it will come up with another message saying "Would you like to update your own Calendar now?". It is NOT prompting the user to update their own calendar now anymore, therefore the user is not able to see the meeting in their own calendar now. When I re create the users profile it does not seem to work either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Brad.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:15 AM

Answers

• Hello Brad,

Do you mean the specific meeting was not updated to the user’s calendar folder or all the calendar items in the user’s calendar folder disappeared?

If all the calendar disappear, we can find them back by:

1.   exit Outlook and open the mailbox with MFCMAPI [http://codeplex.com/MFCMAPI]

2.   Under Session, Logon and Display Store Table

3.   double click primary mailbox and drill into the root mailbox and find the default calendar folder

4.   double click the default calendar folder and confirm it's empty then exit back to the root mailbox folder tree

5.   select the default calendar folder and select Actions, Delete Folder - don't select the check box for Hard Deletion

6.   exit MFCMAPI

7.   start Outlook from a command line with the switch Outlook.exe /resetfolders

8.   Create a test item in the new main Calendar folder through Outlook to confirm the issue is resolved

9.   Move the items from the temporary folder to the main Calendar folder

Thanks,

Simon

Friday, April 22, 2011 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hello Brad,

Do you mean the specific meeting was not updated to the user’s calendar folder or all the calendar items in the user’s calendar folder disappeared?

If all the calendar disappear, we can find them back by:

1.   exit Outlook and open the mailbox with MFCMAPI [http://codeplex.com/MFCMAPI]

2.   Under Session, Logon and Display Store Table

3.   double click primary mailbox and drill into the root mailbox and find the default calendar folder

4.   double click the default calendar folder and confirm it's empty then exit back to the root mailbox folder tree

5.   select the default calendar folder and select Actions, Delete Folder - don't select the check box for Hard Deletion

6.   exit MFCMAPI

7.   start Outlook from a command line with the switch Outlook.exe /resetfolders

8.   Create a test item in the new main Calendar folder through Outlook to confirm the issue is resolved

9.   Move the items from the temporary folder to the main Calendar folder

Thanks,

Simon

Friday, April 22, 2011 9:25 AM
  • My question is this:

Outlook used to ask me if I wanted to update my own calendar after I made an entry, but it's not longer giving me this pop-up.  Instead it's sending me an email and then from that email I have to accept the invite, where it then shows up in my calendar as accepted.  Please tell me how to reactivate this pop-up window where it asks me if I would like to update my own calendar now.

Friday, May 06, 2011 7:00 PM
  • Thanks for the response Simon, Nothing has disappeared in the Calendars, its just if the user send out a meeting request from a public folder it does not give the user an option to update their own calendar. If the user send the meeting request to himself it does give an option to update their own mailbox calendar. So it seems like it does not give the user an option to update their calendar when sending out email to anyone but themselves.

Thanks

Brad

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Brad,

Have you found a resolution to this problem? I have a user that suddenly began seeing this problem also.

Thanks,

Steve

Monday, July 11, 2011 5:31 PM
  • I also have a user that it this is happening to.  Is there any word on a solution for this?

Thank you!

Jay

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:57 PM
  • Hi

We managed to solve the issue but we had to export the mail to a PST and then delete the mailbox and then recreate it, then move the email back from the PST into the new mailbox.

Regards

Brad.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:26 AM
  • Hi

We managed to solve the issue but we had to export the mail to a PST and then delete the mailbox and then recreate it, then move the email back from the PST into the new mailbox.

Regards

Brad.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:27 AM
  • I too am having this issue as is another co-worker.  It is extremely frustrating and time consuming.  how can this be fixed?!
    Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:56 PM
  • Hi Ashleigh

Backing up the mail box then deleting it and te creating it worked for me

Friday, November 09, 2012 1:26 PM