none
"On Behalf Of" not showing in mail sent on behalf of User from Public Folder.

Question

• We are using Outlook 2007 and Exchange Server 2010. We use mail-enabled public folders which are managed through the Public Folder Management Console in Exchange. One of the folders had previously had Send As permissions set, but they have been removed, and Send on Behalf of permissions were set. The users create a new message and type the folder name in the From field. The message that is received only says "From 'Public Folder' " instead of "From 'User' on Behalf of 'Public Folder.' " 

To test this I have granted Send on Behalf of permission to myself, and the same thing happens for me. I have restarted Exchange and Outlook, and I have cleared all of the addresses in my 'From' cache and added the address from the address book. I sent a test message to myself from the public folder, and still 'On Behalf of' doesn't show up.  Any suggestions?

Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:37 PM

Answers

• I've figured it out. It does not say Sent on Behalf of for me, because I am a domain admin. After they closed and reopened Outlook, their messages now say On Behalf of.
    • Marked as answer by J. Woods Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:24 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:27 PM

All replies

• Honestly, I've never heard of anyone wanting to send on behalf of a public folder, the reason being that the public folder isn't a person.  I'm not sure that's even supported since you can't log on to a public folder and configure delegate rights.  I believe that in the case of public folders, "send as" is the same as "send on behalf of".  If I'm wrong, Rich Matheisen or Brian Desmond will surely correct me.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:42 PM
  • I've figured it out. It does not say Sent on Behalf of for me, because I am a domain admin. After they closed and reopened Outlook, their messages now say On Behalf of.
    • Marked as answer by J. Woods Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:24 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:27 PM
  • We have several public folders that have send on behalf rights. It works for all of the other folders, but I was having trouble with this particular folder going from Send As to Send on Behalf.
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:30 PM