none
New proposed time issue in Exchange 2010

Question

• Hi All,

We have Exchnage 2010 in domain (xyz.com )when we send meeting request to internal domain (xyz.com) users and user proposes new time for meeting the meeting request sender receives the new proposed time.

But when same user sends Meeting request to outside domain ID meeting request is been delivered, but whn outside user proposes new time it does not show to the meeting request sender. It just says "Proposed New Time" and time is missing.

Is there any fix for this issue?

Appreciate your help

Environment:-

My domain

Windows 2008 Server

MS Exchange 2010 Std

Outlook Client 2010 and 2007

Monday, June 13, 2011 7:18 PM

Answers

• solution; that worked for me.

Double click on saved contact > right click on email > Click View more options for interacting with this person, and click Outlook properties > Internet format – select “Send using Outlook Rich text format” click OK.

1 Compose a new mail and type the email address and clear the cache and close the new mail.

2 create new MR and select the email from contact and send it to users.

3 ask user to propose new time and organizer will see the new time requested by attendee. This above steps will fix the issue for E2k10 to E2k3 environment.

• Marked as answer by Outlook_issue Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hi:
       Meeting request is abnormal format email. So the time parameter will be blocked or discarded by outside of inside firewall.
        Do your outside users run same version outlook?
        Do they receive email by mobile phone ?
        Different mail client software and different version of outlook will cause this problem too.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:41 AM
  • Sorry i was not online for last one month and was not checking my post.

Client is using Outlook 2010, i am not sure whats the Exchange server verion they are on. No Blackberry devive configured for user.

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:03 AM
  • What do you mean with "sends Meeting request to outside domain ID"?

do you send meeting requests to users in other organizations or to users using outlook anywhere?

lasse at humandata dot se, http://anewmessagehasarrived.blogspot.com
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:06 PM
  • I was trying to get few of the testing done here is the results.

My Domain:-

1. When i send MR to other domains (other than my ) they receive MR no issues.

2. This was test with 7 different domains, but one of the domain when Proposes new time it doesn't show up in my outlook for all other domains i was able to receive Proposed new time.

3. When that same domain sends proposed new time is works fine for other domains.

4. Its happeneing between my domain (xyz.com) and only one other domain (abc.com)

Env used:-

My env:-

Exchange  2K10

Outlook Client 2010

Domain with which Propose new time not working

Exchange 2K10

Outlook Client 2010

Domain With which Propose New time working:

Exchange 2K10 and Exchange 2K3

Outlook client 2K10 and 2K3

Appreciate your help!!!

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Hello,  I too am having this issue with a new exchange 2010 server i manage, I noticed that when the meeting originator sends a meeting request to me (outside the domain) I get it and it scheduled in my calendar.  If the meeting originator sends a new propsed time I get that too and the meeting updates, this issue presents itself when one of the attendees proposes a new time.  the email goes back to the originator and he sees in the email when opened the times, both current and proposed.  when he clicks on accept though nothing changes in the calendar.

Has this issue gained any resolution or further explaination?

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:40 PM
  • Is there anyone who is facing same issue or have solution for the same?

Thanks

Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:34 PM
  • We have a similar problem. New time proposals only seem to work if they originate from Outlook 2003 or 2007 clients. Unfortunately no solution yet...
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 12:54 PM
  • solution; that worked for me.

Double click on saved contact > right click on email > Click View more options for interacting with this person, and click Outlook properties > Internet format – select “Send using Outlook Rich text format” click OK.

1 Compose a new mail and type the email address and clear the cache and close the new mail.

2 create new MR and select the email from contact and send it to users.

3 ask user to propose new time and organizer will see the new time requested by attendee. This above steps will fix the issue for E2k10 to E2k3 environment.

• Marked as answer by Outlook_issue Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:34 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:33 PM