I’m relatively new to working here and I’ve come across an issue that’s becoming a thorn in my side.Users randomly seem to be getting the “Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened." Error.However, this doesn’t seem to be related to a permissions issue or a damaged PST file issue.
We use static IP addresses on the network and we’ve found that, by merely changing the IP address of the computer that cannot log in, Outlook will start functioning again perfectly well.I’ve watched carefully to make sure I’m not re-using the same IP addresses over and over again.
I’m getting this issue on an average of once per day somewhere in the network.It’s irritating to my employees and definitely an issue I wish would go away from my standpoint.I’m unable to find a solution to it however.
Using Exchange 2003 and a mix of 2000 Pro and XP Pro workstations.Users reside on 10.1.1.xxx while the server resides on 192.168.10.50.Everything works just fine for roughly 60 users everyday and it seems randomly not so well for 1 user each day, always in the morning when first turning on the computer and logging in.
I had this problem today. This may not be exactly the same problem cause but maybe it can help you find a solution.
My problem started after using the Google Calendar Sync which caused Outlook to restart. I was about to reboot my computer when I noticed ActiveSync was showing a red ! indicating an error. I am using ActiveSync to sync my calendar and contacts with my cellphone. I disconnected my cell phone and clicked on ActiveSync to make sure it recognized the new status (disconnected). Then I started Outlook and it worked!
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.