none
Message store has reached its maximum size.

Question

• I have connected an Outlook 2007 client to an Exchange 2010 server on Windows 2008 r2. This is a new domain, first and will be only server senario. I tried to import a pst file from a client that no longer exists into a new windows 7 system with the outlook 2007 running on it. I get a message during the import of the pst " The message store has reached its maximum size. to reduce the amount of data in the message store ......" The client has a 15000mb limit on his mailbox in exhange and  the database is on a mirrored 500gb drive that only have the mail database and this is the first client I have tried to install. Oh yes the pst is 140mb. Have I overlooked something ???

THanks to Fazal for his answers on my last questions. I am still looking them up.

I rebooted the client and when I restart outlook 2007 I get a message stating that Microsoft Exchange is Unavaliable. I the select Work Offline and get a message "Cannot open defaut e-mail folders" click ok and outlook exits. I am tempted to delete the user, his mailbox on the server and outlook on the client and start over by building the users on AD then a mailbox then reinstall office then reconnect outlook to the Exchange server. Is this what I need to do or what should I do ?

Monday, March 29, 2010 6:47 PM

Answers

• Thank You for Posting on this Forum.

Could You First please test Something for me.

1)Create a new User

2)Send him 4 Emails

3)log in with this user and open Outlook

4)Extract the PST

5) Than try importing this PST

I think That you PST is Corrupted Somehow.

But This testing woould make sure that its not the PST and its some Server Side issue.

About

"Hanks to Fazal for his answers on my last questions. I am still looking them up." Is it Something that I didnt Answered ?

I am Sorry if it is that (you can send me the link to the Post and i would try to find a solution )

About your issue of exchange not available

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchangesvrclients/thread/a9a3ab57-242d-4f6b-a97c-0c9d1157d6ad

Use this

Regards

Fazal M khan

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:41 AM
  • Just wanted to know that what is the Update on the issue ?

Regards

Fazal M Khan

Saturday, April 03, 2010 11:26 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Do you have set Qotas on your MailboxDatabases?

Get-MailboxDatabase | fl *quota

Regards Andres

-- MCSE 2003 MCSA 2003 Messaging MCITP: Enterpise Administrator MCTS: Windows Server 2008 MCTS: Exchange Server 2007 Configuration MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 VCP - VMWare Certified Professional
    Saturday, April 03, 2010 12:09 PM

All replies

• Thank You for Posting on this Forum.

Could You First please test Something for me.

1)Create a new User

2)Send him 4 Emails

3)log in with this user and open Outlook

4)Extract the PST

5) Than try importing this PST

I think That you PST is Corrupted Somehow.

But This testing woould make sure that its not the PST and its some Server Side issue.

About

"Hanks to Fazal for his answers on my last questions. I am still looking them up." Is it Something that I didnt Answered ?

I am Sorry if it is that (you can send me the link to the Post and i would try to find a solution )

About your issue of exchange not available

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchangesvrclients/thread/a9a3ab57-242d-4f6b-a97c-0c9d1157d6ad

Use this

Regards

Fazal M khan

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:41 AM
  • Just wanted to know that what is the Update on the issue ?

Regards

Fazal M Khan

Saturday, April 03, 2010 11:26 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Do you have set Qotas on your MailboxDatabases?

Get-MailboxDatabase | fl *quota

Regards Andres

-- MCSE 2003 MCSA 2003 Messaging MCITP: Enterpise Administrator MCTS: Windows Server 2008 MCTS: Exchange Server 2007 Configuration MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 VCP - VMWare Certified Professional
    Saturday, April 03, 2010 12:09 PM
  • Sorry I have been on the road since my I last tried this. I have will not get a chance to look into this again till next week at the earliest unfortunatley I have another fire to put out. My own network comes after my customers. Thanks for your reply.
    • Proposed as answer by wmarchib Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:50 PM
    Tuesday, April 06, 2010 9:58 PM
  • Thank you for your Responce Michael.

You can take your time and We hope that you are Able to put out the Fire on all Ends :)

We would be waiting for your Responce and if we could be of any help in the Putting of the Fire Scenario than donot hesitate to Post us back on this forum.

looking forward to hear from you and Wish you GoodLuck on your issues.

Regards

Fazal M khan

Wednesday, April 07, 2010 5:49 AM