none
MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll.

Question

• I just got a new PC with Windows 7, tried to use back my old MS Office 2002, when opened Outlook, the error message was "MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll".  Tried to search the answer but the suggestion was only applied to version 2003 or above. Can anyone help. Thanks.
    Saturday, June 05, 2010 10:29 AM

Answers

• Maybe someone in an Outlook forum can help you.
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "Fate22" wrote in message news:96d269f2-a0d8-4db6-87ea-92fbf3084108...
    I just got a new PC with Windows 7, tried to use back my old MS Office 2002, when opened Outlook, the error message was "MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll".  Tried to search the answer but the suggestion was only applied to version 2003 or above. Can anyone help. Thanks.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Saturday, June 05, 2010 6:05 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried reinstalling Office 2002?

Since this problem is related to Outlook, I recommend you create a new thread in Office Forum for this problem, then more people could help you with the problem and more probable to get satisfactory answers.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officesetupdeploy/threads

• Proposed as answer by Thomas-Lin Friday, June 18, 2010 9:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xiu Zhang - MSFT Friday, June 18, 2010 9:26 AM
    Monday, June 07, 2010 8:25 AM

All replies

• Maybe someone in an Outlook forum can help you.
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "Fate22" wrote in message news:96d269f2-a0d8-4db6-87ea-92fbf3084108...
    I just got a new PC with Windows 7, tried to use back my old MS Office 2002, when opened Outlook, the error message was "MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll".  Tried to search the answer but the suggestion was only applied to version 2003 or above. Can anyone help. Thanks.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Saturday, June 05, 2010 6:05 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried reinstalling Office 2002?

Since this problem is related to Outlook, I recommend you create a new thread in Office Forum for this problem, then more people could help you with the problem and more probable to get satisfactory answers.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officesetupdeploy/threads

• Proposed as answer by Thomas-Lin Friday, June 18, 2010 9:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xiu Zhang - MSFT Friday, June 18, 2010 9:26 AM
    Monday, June 07, 2010 8:25 AM