none
Edit/Change subject in OWA 2010

Question

• Hi All

In previous versions of Exchange it was possible to edit/change the subject line in a received message using OWA but seems this is no longer true with OWA 2010.

Has this feature got removed from Exchange 2010 or do we need to enable it manually?

Thanks
    Dhanushka

Monday, July 18, 2011 7:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• When do you want to change the subject line? In the reading pane or when you reply or forward the message?
    Peter Van Keymeulen, IT Infrastructure Solution Architect, www.edeconsulting.be
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:12 PM
  • What do you really want to change, You can change subject if you reply any email in OWA or Outlook Web App (OWA for Exchange 2010).

Can you elaborate your question again.

Anil MCC 2011,ITIL V3,MCSA 2003,MCTS 2010, My Blog : http://messagingschool.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:23 PM
  • Hi,

>Has this feature got removed from Exchange 2010 or do we need to enable it manually?

Yes, now you can only edit message subject via Outlook.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/8014/outlook-2010-how-to-edit-the-subject-andor-message-of-a-received-email/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Inbay Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:21 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:42 AM
  • Hi All

Many thanks for all your replies and sorry for the late reply.

Basically we have a client who receives thousands of CV s due to the nature of their work.

Previously (with Exchange 2007) they were able to change the subject of those received messages and sort the messages according to their own structure using OWA.

Jason, do you have any Microsoft Document/KB article which we can submit to our client so we can prove that this feature is no longer available due to the changes done by Microsoft? If so that would be a great.

Thanks Again
    Dhanushka

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

>Jason, do you have any Microsoft Document/KB article which we can submit to our client so we can prove that this feature is no longer available due to the changes done by Microsoft?

I cannot find any Microsoft Document/KB relating to this feature so far.

However, if you want to request the confirmation on it, you can contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for further assistance [US, outside of US]

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:56 AM
  • Thanks Jason,Much Appericiated.
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:20 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Can I hav the same article, i am also facing the same problem.

Regards,
    Mainakmonti

Saturday, June 16, 2012 9:03 AM