none
Setting up Exchange Server to share Outlook Calendar

Question

• I have never used exchange server before, so I am probably just not seeing something simple.

We have a new server 2008 R2 Standard.  I've installed Exchange Server Standard 2010.  That's as far as I have been able to get.  The only thing we want to do is share our Outlook 2010 Calendar with 5 users in our business.   I have purchaed the needed licenses for exchange server as well, but don't know how to show exchange server we have those either.

Where I am at:

I have installed Exchange Server and have the Exchange Management Console on the screen.  The only things that are showing is, on the left - Microsoft Exchange + Microsoft Exchange On-Premises.  The center says Exchange 2010 Post-Installation Tasks and the right says Add Exchange Forest..., View and Help.

If I click on Microsoft Exchange On-Premises in the left, the center says "Initilization failed"  No exchange servers are available in any Active Directory sites.  You can't connect to remote Powershell on a computer that only has the Management Tools role installed.   It was running the command 'Discover-ExchangeServer -UseWIA $true -SupressError $true -CurrentVersion 'Version 14.1 (Build 218.15)".

I can't figure out where to go to install more roles or setup users so that we can share the calendar.  If anyone could point me to a tutorial of what I'm supposed to be doing or has any suggestions, I would love to hear.  Thank you.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:46 PM

Answers

All replies