none
Outlook Connector - Error: 5102. Server. Xfs request 'SyncBinary' failed.

Question

•  

I use Outlook Connector to access my hotmail emails.

Every so often, the connector stops syncronising with hotmail, with the solution usually in reinstallation of the connector and re-sync of emails. However, this has not helped this time! I am receiving the error bellow.

Any suggestions?

Andrew

Outlook Connector Version 12.0.4518.1063

Account: andrewzino@hotmail.com

Signed in successfully at 07-12-2007 12:52:20                                                                          

Mail: Last successfully refreshed at 12:53.                                                                            
    Calendar: Error at 12:53.                                                                                              
    Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 12:53.                                                                        

Errors :

Time: 07-12-2007 12:52:24
    Error in Calendar
    Outlook Connector is available only to subscribers.

Time: 07-12-2007 12:52:58
    Error in Mail
    There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account has been configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web.
    Error: 5102. Server. Xfs request 'SyncBinary' failed. Response code: 'InternalServerError', server response: '999           0'.

Time: 07-12-2007 12:53:43
    Error in Mail
    There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account has been configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web.
    Error: 5102. Server. Xfs request 'SyncBinary' failed. Response code: 'InternalServerError', server response: '999           0'.

Friday, December 07, 2007 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Two options work:

1.       Delete the hotmail account from outlook and uninstall the connector (as long as all your e-mail is on the hotmail servers, you will not lose anything). Reinstall the connector and the hotmail account and let it all synchronize again.You can either back-up what you have in Outllok OR creaste a personal folder (pst) and copy all the hotmail mail into that)

2.       Create a new profile in Outlook and re-create the Hotmail account in this second profile

The second option for me is less preferable as the second profile in outlook will not have all other information like calendar etc from the first outlook profile.

With regard to the server error, Microsoft are working on it as it i snot understood why this sync fails and what causes it. My experience is wither when you move too many contacts or e-mail items before sync. with hotmail servers.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Thursday, December 27, 2007 11:46 AM
  • Go to "Control Panel" / "Add or Remove Programs".

Identify the Outlook Connector and uninstall

Andrew

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 5:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrew

Did you get a response/resolution to this ? I've just started getting the same problem ...

Outlook Connector Version 12.0.4518.1063

Account: mick@silkstonesolutions.co.uk

Signed in successfully at 23/12/2007 12:08:35                                                                          

Mail: Last successfully refreshed at 12:34.                                                                            
    Calendar: Last successfully refreshed at 12:34.                                                                        
    Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 12:34.                                                                        

Errors :

Time: 23/12/2007 12:08:55
    Error in Mail

Time: 23/12/2007 12:10:03
    Error in Mail

etc etc

Sunday, December 23, 2007 12:39 PM
  • Hi,

Two options work:

1.       Delete the hotmail account from outlook and uninstall the connector (as long as all your e-mail is on the hotmail servers, you will not lose anything). Reinstall the connector and the hotmail account and let it all synchronize again.You can either back-up what you have in Outllok OR creaste a personal folder (pst) and copy all the hotmail mail into that)

2.       Create a new profile in Outlook and re-create the Hotmail account in this second profile

The second option for me is less preferable as the second profile in outlook will not have all other information like calendar etc from the first outlook profile.

With regard to the server error, Microsoft are working on it as it i snot understood why this sync fails and what causes it. My experience is wither when you move too many contacts or e-mail items before sync. with hotmail servers.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Thursday, December 27, 2007 11:46 AM
  •  

Hi there,

I create an addin called Aladdins CategorieZ that is also causing this to happen. The addin uses hidden items in an Outlook folder (Associated Contents) and stores the settings in a Binary named property, so I am wondering if this is causing the issue?

Regards

Jason

Saturday, January 19, 2008 11:51 PM
  • I'm having same problem in Outlook 2007, - I can send messages but can't receive anything via Outlook Connector.  I deleted/reinstalled hotmail account and collector as outlined in the instructions.  I also turned off firewall and anti-virus in case they were blocking something.  I moved some items out of my hotmail folders to reduce volumes a little but I only have about 1000 messages and a few megs stored before or after. 

Now instead of error 5102 I get error 4350: There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account has been configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web.  Error: 4350.

The "server status" toolbar in bottom right of OL2007 shows mail, calendar etc are perpetually "Connecting"

I can also sync up with Gmail no problem so it does not appear to be a problem with outlook client or the net connection.

Any ideas on resolving are appreciated

Sunday, April 20, 2008 4:12 PM
  • I too am having a similar issue:

"There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account has been configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web.
    Error: 5102. Server. Value was either too large or too small for an Int16.. "

When I try to access the "Sent" folder. I have tried removing the profile and creating a new one. I have not removed the OL Connector but why should I have to?

I am only using this to test it for a roll-out of 2000-2500 student mailboxes on Live Exchange that our institution is testing and so far nobody in the test group has gotten it to work.

So maybe we'll just keep the students on our exchange servers if MS can't get their act together.

Friday, April 25, 2008 6:44 PM
  • I'm experiencing the same thing and I'm reluctant to do the uninstal/reinstal thing because it may just happen again. SOunds like a bandaid fix. I'll just use my outlook calendar alone until a resolution comes out. You'd think a company with the size and breadth of MS would have something like this tight'd up...

Monday, May 12, 2008 10:14 PM
  • Check your server settings and on the SMTP side use port 685 or 687 and TLS as the encryption. On the IMAP side use 443 using SSL as encryption. When changing the settings change the encryption type first as the interface has a bad habit of when you change the encryption type it changes the ports back to their default 143 for IMAP and 25 for SMTP.

Then use the test button to try the settings between the 685 and 687 on SMTP, I believe it is 687 that will work for you.

This will still not get you a full-fledged IMAP profile as you will be using a PST file for everything but your inbox and even the you can change to redirect to the PST. It is just not a good experience as you should be able to do this with having to depend on a PST.

These settings give you full encrytion which I strongly suggest since if not your password can be captured along with all of your transmissions.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:05 AM
  • How do you uninstall the connector?

Lynn Corey

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 3:45 PM
  • Go to "Control Panel" / "Add or Remove Programs".

Identify the Outlook Connector and uninstall

Andrew

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 5:31 PM
  •  
    hi ~ I am Taiwanese

1. Outlook to the Tools / Account Settings / Remove current account
    2.outlook connector to the new increase in the use of the original account
    3. Closed outlook, and re-open

I had to resolve this problem!!
    • Proposed as answer by KAY YU Saturday, December 13, 2008 12:27 PM
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 11:48 AM