none
Connecting Outlook 2010 to Exchange 2013 set of folders cannot be opened

Question

• I am doing a deployment of Exchange 2013. I have followed the setup guide in the documentation and everything is working. There is a valid SSL cert installed on the server and the computers trying to connect trust the certificate. Going to OWA brings up no errors and users can log in. But I cannot get outlook to connect the the exchange server. It always brings up the error that it cannot open the folders. I have looked all over for a solution. I have even turned off the required encryption for RPC. I have used the local testexchangeconnectivity tool and it comes up with no problems. 

Please help.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:38 PM

All replies

• Which authentication method are you using on your Exchange server?
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:09 PM
  • Which ever is the default. I've never had to touch those settings before. I'm guessing windows authentication and basic authentication.
    Friday, April 19, 2013 6:04 PM
  • Try logging on to the ecp, click on servers, choose outlook anywhere, set authentication to basic, do an IISreset and see if that solves your problem.
    Friday, April 19, 2013 8:27 PM
  • Still coming up with the same error after setting outlook anywhere to basic authentication. Even did a full server restart.
    Monday, April 22, 2013 4:18 PM
  • Hi,
    The problem you are having can be causes by using a version of Outlook 2010 that hasn't got the public November 2012 Update or later installed (outlook.exe =14.0.6126.5000). That is a very important!

See: Exchange 2013 System Requirements

Martina Miskovic

Monday, April 22, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Thanks for that information. I will see if that is effecting some of the clients. I have also tried connecting with my own copy of outlook 2013. Unfortunately still coming up with the same error.
    Monday, April 22, 2013 8:19 PM
  • Are there any more ideas for this? I'm starting to think that someone messed something up pretty bad if I can't get this thing working.
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:17 PM
  • I am guessing that you have tried with new mail profiles as well?
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Yes I have.
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:09 PM