none
Users email address question

Answers

• You just need to create a new email address policy for the required address

Organisational config >> hub transport >> Email address policy tab >> edit existing policy >> add in the address layout as required and set as reply >> complete the editing wizard

Dave

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:37 PM
  • Thanks for your help

MSB

• Marked as answer by Marc_Baker Monday, February 27, 2012 8:40 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 8:40 PM

All replies

• Sorry on EX2010 and thats the way they want email to be received for the internet as well to there mailboxes.

MSB

• Proposed as answer by Davel82 Friday, February 24, 2012 7:32 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Davel82 Friday, February 24, 2012 7:32 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 7:00 PM
  • You just need to create a new email address policy for the required address

Organisational config >> hub transport >> Email address policy tab >> edit existing policy >> add in the address layout as required and set as reply >> complete the editing wizard

Dave

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:37 PM
  • Davel82 got right. Create an email address policy as per desired prefix/alias convention and assign it to everyone by making it default.

You can keep the previous policy in place, so that people who already have shared their previous email addresses can still get the reply on previously sent emails.

Any new mail they send, will go with a new reply-to address (as per the new policy).

Junaid Ahmed

• Edited by J.Ahmed Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:59 AM
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:58 AM
  • what about receiving them as well.

MSB

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:53 PM
  • Also I just received this when trying to edit - 

MSB

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:57 PM
  • If you are editing the existing policy then this will leave all of your other e-mail addresses listed as aliases.  If you follow the instructions above to create the required address format then users will receive to that address

Dave

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:57 PM
  • Ok stupid question a nOoB to ex2010 powershell what do I run Thanks.

MSB

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:02 PM
  • This would indicate you have an Exchange 2003 server on the network that you set the policies up on orginally - is this server still active?

To change follow the instruction to set-emailaddresspolicy (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/thread/0fc3a900-7ec6-4b6d-81c1-f791fba37a3e/)

The alternative is to remove that policy and recreate it on the Exchange 2010 box from scratch

Dave

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:03 PM
  • The Ex2003 is longer alive completely dead - ok if I remove it will it cause any problems until I can recreate it?

MSB

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:05 PM
  • AlsoI noticed that the default policy _ where it says "Applied" says False should it be applied?

MSB

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:27 PM
  • Plus I still want to keep what we have as a secondary ? Is this possible.

MSB

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:46 PM
  • Create a new E-mail address policy and put in the email addresses that you need, including the format that you want and the required reply address- which can include all of the addresses that are in the default policy and apply it - it should become the authoritive policy over the default once its completed

At the moment your accounts are still using the policies applied from the old exchange 2003 server

Dave

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:53 PM
  • You don't have to delete the default if you use the process above but ensure you put all of the addresses in the new one

Dave

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:54 PM
  • There are at least 4 different alias address for everyone in the company how can I create the new policy with that in there,  I don't want to have to do that on an individual basis. Make sense?

MSB

Monday, February 27, 2012 8:29 PM
  • If you create the single policy with all of the aliases needed then apply it by completeing the wizard then this should apply them to all users, as long as their accounts are set to automatically use the Exchange e-mail address policy (which they are by default) then there is no need to apply individually

Dave

Monday, February 27, 2012 8:33 PM
  • Thanks for your help

MSB

• Marked as answer by Marc_Baker Monday, February 27, 2012 8:40 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 8:40 PM