none
Attention required - incomplete Sync

    Question

  • With ActiveSync 4.2. Upon sync between my PC and Smartphone, email is syncíng but not contacts, tasks and calendar.

    The sync syas Attention required.

    I tried disabling my firewall. and tweaking the settings on the phone. All my contacts have been erased from my phone.

     

    Monday, November 06, 2006 10:42 PM

All replies

  • I am having the same problem. I can not sync my contacts, tasks or notes. I get a message:

     

    Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart you desktop computer and synchronize again. If problem persists, contact your network administrator.

     

    I am using active sync 4.2 and even tried 4.5 beta with Microsoft Outlook 2003 I have another system setup the same way and have no problems. If I setup a new partnership with the other desktop it will sync fine.

    Please help,

     

    Steve

     

    Saturday, November 18, 2006 1:25 AM
  • Similar issue but not quite as bad - I am able to sync everything EXCEPT notes? Any ideas?
    Monday, November 27, 2006 4:04 PM
  • Similar problem - Inbox & Favourites sync OK but Calendar & Contacts do not. Re-connecting device, restarting PC, repairing ActiveSync, re-installing ActiveSync all fail to correct the problem. As does stopping Windows firewall & Avast Antivirus.

    I'm pointing the finger at the moment at McAfee AV & Firewall which I removed recently & replaced with Avast. Prior to this, syncing was usually successfull.

    Any help/suggestions gratefully received.

     

    Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:15 PM
  • I agree. I recently removed McAfee - though I never had the firewall - and installed Kaspersky. Now I can sync favorite and files but not calendar, tasks and contacts. I have disabled everything Kaspersky installed with no change. I also reinstalled ActiveSynch and created a mew partnership but it made no difference. I suspect I will have to reinstall Outlook form my Office XP CD.
    I tried to get McAfee to say what they removed that could have broken it. They of course said they did nothing it is someone else's problem.


    Thursday, December 28, 2006 6:45 PM
  •  Fireboss wrote:
    I agree. I recently removed McAfee - though I never had the firewall - and installed Kaspersky. Now I can sync favorite and files but not calendar, tasks and contacts. I have disabled everything Kaspersky installed with no change. I also reinstalled ActiveSynch and created a mew partnership but it made no difference. I suspect I will have to reinstall Outlook form my Office XP CD.
    I tried to get McAfee to say what they removed that could have broken it. They of course said they did nothing it is someone else's problem.


    Fred,

    I've finally got mine to synchronise fully. It was a last ditch attempt! Here's what I did -

    First of all, I'm using ActiveSync 4.2 with Windows XP SR2 and Outlook 2003 with mail set up as an internet connection, i.e. not via Exchange.

    With the PDA connected & the sync error showing in ActiveSync on the PC, Choose Options from the menu, then Rules. I had the Desktop set to "Always Replace the Item on my Device".

    Since I hadn't made many changes on either my PDA or PC, I figured what the hell & I switched this round to "Always Replace the Item on the PC"

    When you accept this change, the programme starts the synchronising routine again. During this process you get the choice of which items to replace again & then whether to add items to, replace items, etc., & I think I chose "Add items to". Bingo - success.

    I then went back into Rules & changed Desktop back to  "Always Replace the Item on my Device".

    Synchronisation occurs again & this time completed successfully.

    I don't think I lost or gained anything on either device or PC during the process, but I think you should be prepared for some loss of recent items.

    Best of luck if you try it - let me know.

    Mike.

     

     

    Thursday, December 28, 2006 7:27 PM
  • Hi Mike,

    I tried this, but no luck - very much the same story - have mcafee which i have had trouble with following the recent upgrade, uninstalled it and reinstalled it and activesync has stopped working.  i've upgraded to activesync 4.2 with no luck and tried your solution without success.  Any further thoughts welcome!

    Cheers, Jason

    Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:20 AM
  • Ah!

    The solution is to do a detect and repair on Microsoft Office which must replace the file the McAfee removes...

    All fixed, sweat mopped up!

    Cheers, Jason

    Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:41 AM
  • Sorry it didn't work for you Jason. The only thing I can think of is if you try "replacing" the items on your PC with those on the PDA instead of "adding to". My memory on precisely what I did at this point is a little hazy, since I'd been trying lots of other things. I suspect that an/some item(s) in Outlook on the PC might be causing the problem.

    Hope it works,

    Mike.

     

    Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:55 AM
  •  Mumbadonk wrote:

    Ah!

    The solution is to do a detect and repair on Microsoft Office which must replace the file the McAfee removes...

    All fixed, sweat mopped up!

    Cheers, Jason

    Strange, that one didn't work for me.

    Never mind, would appear that we are both back on track.

    Mike.

     

    Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:57 AM
  • I am still perplexed, its only Notes that I cant sync and I have never had McAfee AV installed.. reinstalled Office & Activesync 4.2 and still wont sync Notes.
    Saturday, December 30, 2006 11:41 AM
  • I have a similar problem and have tried the above methods.  My problem is everything syncronizes properly except any contacts that have been added or modified on my PC. If any information is changed on the PC or added on the PC, it will not transfer it to the PDA.  In addition, I can delete files from the PDA but can not copy files from the PDA to the PC...  I can copy from the PC to the PDA.

    I've gone as far as deleting the profiles, uninstalling and re-installing the whole Office program, uninstalling and re-installing activesync (even trying the new 4.5beta), reflashed the ROM of the PDA (so clean pda), only thing that it will put into the contact list on the PDA is what was originally added onto the PDA.

     

    Any suggestions?

    Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:36 PM
  • I had exactly the same. now fixed (hopefully)

    Everything synchs except 'notes' - then I discovered I needed SP2 for MS Office which I downloaded.

     

    Problem solved.

    Sunday, January 07, 2007 12:12 PM
  •  Computer-Consultant wrote:

    I have a similar problem and have tried the above methods.  My problem is everything syncronizes properly except any contacts that have been added or modified on my PC. If any information is changed on the PC or added on the PC, it will not transfer it to the PDA.  In addition, I can delete files from the PDA but can not copy files from the PDA to the PC...  I can copy from the PC to the PDA.

    I've gone as far as deleting the profiles, uninstalling and re-installing the whole Office program, uninstalling and re-installing activesync (even trying the new 4.5beta), reflashed the ROM of the PDA (so clean pda), only thing that it will put into the contact list on the PDA is what was originally added onto the PDA.

     

    Any suggestions?

     

    I should have listed everything I am using...

    Windows XP Pro. SP2

    Office 2007 (Originally 2003, 2003sp2)

    ActiveSync 4.5beta (4.1 and 4.2 previously)

    Windows Mobile 5 (T-Mobile MDA)

    Sunday, January 07, 2007 6:41 PM
  • I had exactly the same problem. ActiveSync would not sync my contacts with my new Cingular 8525 PDA/Smartphone.

    I used the Inbox Repair Tool that comes with Office. Its located in:
    <disk drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\

    Filename is: Scanpst.exe

    After running Scanpst.exe, I deleted my partnership (with the device not connected), then reconnected my device and everything sync'd.

    Good Luck.


    Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:57 AM
  • Did you find a solution for this issue?
    Thursday, March 08, 2007 3:05 AM
  • Mike, you are a lifesaver! I had the same sort of error (85010014 error) and couldn't get any of Microsoft's "solutions" to work. (I'm running ActiveSync 4.5.) Your suggestion, however, corrected everything. Why can't Microsoft include such suggestions in their documentation? (That's a rhetorical question!)
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 12:21 AM
  • Guy, I almost feel that I love you.  I did w u did and my sync errors is now gone. Using Touch Pro 2. AcSync 4.5, Win7. Outlook 2007. Tnx a lot!
    Thursday, June 03, 2010 2:37 AM