none
Is there an equivalent "Job" regular SQL Server?

Answers

• if you're referring to SQL Agent type of Jobs that you can schedule, then no, there's none.

depending on the tasks/steps your job does, you might be able to get away with scheduling something using the Windows Azure Mobile Services Scheduler (e.g.., configure WAMS to execute a stored procedure based on schedule)

• Marked as answer by Vit007 Monday, September 30, 2013 1:46 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 9:02 AM
  • Just to add to what JuneT outlined.

Scheduling could also be done with the Aditi scheduler which is part of the Azure store.  I have used it in the past and it is a great scheduling tool.

If you are open to using a 3rd party service for this, you can also use Cotega to schedule execution of SQL Azure jobs.   Full disclosure, I work on this service.

• Proposed as answer by Cotega Monitoring Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vit007 Monday, September 30, 2013 1:45 PM
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:22 AM

All replies

• if you're referring to SQL Agent type of Jobs that you can schedule, then no, there's none.

depending on the tasks/steps your job does, you might be able to get away with scheduling something using the Windows Azure Mobile Services Scheduler (e.g.., configure WAMS to execute a stored procedure based on schedule)

• Marked as answer by Vit007 Monday, September 30, 2013 1:46 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 9:02 AM
  • Thanks.
    Friday, September 27, 2013 9:53 AM
  • Just to add to what JuneT outlined.

Scheduling could also be done with the Aditi scheduler which is part of the Azure store.  I have used it in the past and it is a great scheduling tool.

If you are open to using a 3rd party service for this, you can also use Cotega to schedule execution of SQL Azure jobs.   Full disclosure, I work on this service.

• Proposed as answer by Cotega Monitoring Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vit007 Monday, September 30, 2013 1:45 PM
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:22 AM