none
New-mailboximportrequest "couldn't connect to the target mailbox"

    Question

  • Hi ,

    I got "couldn't connect to the target mailbox" when importing a PST to a mailbox. i have Exchange 2010 SP1. The account I am using to run the PowerShell command has the "Mailbox Import Export" role.

    I changed "RpcClientAccessServer" for the database i m importing to point to an individual CAS server , this did not help.

    I also tried to specify the MRSServer on the command and this didn’t help.

    Thanks for support

    Samer


    Monday, February 27, 2012 11:48 AM

Answers

  • Thanks Satheshwaran for support.

    Actualy it is because of disabled "MAPI"  in <User Mailbox> Properties, Mailbox Features tab. once enabling MAPI for that user, i was able to import PST to his mailbox.

    • Marked as answer by Samer Otaiby Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:44 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:43 AM

All replies

  • Are you able to Export Data from the Same mailbox

    Can you verify , User has include Inheritance permission checked

    ADUC - view - advance features

    User - Properties - Security - Advanced -  include Inheritance permission checked


    Satheshwaran Manoharan | Exchange 2003/2007/2010 | Blog:http://www.careexchange.in | Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you

    Monday, February 27, 2012 4:09 PM
  • Thanks Satheshwaran for support.

    Actualy it is because of disabled "MAPI"  in <User Mailbox> Properties, Mailbox Features tab. once enabling MAPI for that user, i was able to import PST to his mailbox.

    • Marked as answer by Samer Otaiby Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:44 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Good to hear that !!


    Satheshwaran Manoharan | Exchange 2003/2007/2010 | Blog:http://www.careexchange.in | Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you

    • Proposed as answer by philsbhome1 Friday, January 04, 2013 9:48 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by philsbhome1 Friday, January 04, 2013 9:48 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:27 PM
  • I know this is an old thread but thought I might Update it a bit. 

    Another issue that can arise with an import that gives the same error is that in some cases particularly where the GC is also on the same server, or some server dependances cause the start up failure of the Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access and Attendant services, when you try to import you get the same error.  There is a Microsoft fix it for this see article (link removed until account verified) KB 940845 I had the import problem, and as soon as I started the RPC services, the imports started working.  It appears the error can be for many reasons.  My appologies if this is not relevant in this case, please feel free to remove it, or move it elsewhere, but I followed this report, then saw that the Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access was not running, started manually, after completing my imports, then applied fix on the page above can long term resolve the problem or the service failing to start.

    Friday, January 04, 2013 10:05 AM