none
Unable to setup ActiveSync for mobile phones after migration from Ex2003

Question

• I have been working on migrating out setup from a single Exchange 2003 Server to a single Exchange 2010 server. I am running windows server 2008 R2, and have installed Exchange 2010 and SP1. Mail works fine for all users except

1.that outlook will constantly ask for a password. Clicking cancel will allow normal mail operation to continue but still says needs password at the bottom

2. No users are able to get mail on a mobile device.

3. When i try changing the external domain address of OWA and activesync, i get an error

Error:
    Active Directory operation failed on ****.org. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Access is denied.
    Active directory response: 00000005: SecErr: DSID-03151CAD, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0

The user has insufficient access rights.
    Click here for help... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms.exch.err.default(EXCHG.140).aspx?v=14.1.218.11&t=exchgf1&e=ms.exch.err.Ex6AE46B

I get this error for any change i try to make.

I have read about making sure the inheritable permissions box is checked for the user account im using and it is.

Any help getting this going would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 6:15 PM

Answers

• Thank you for your reply, but I finally was able to get it working. I noticed that when looking in ADSIedit that there wasn't really anything for exchange. I re-ran the prepare schema and prepare AD commands and everything started working correctly. I think somehow all the permissions got completely messed up. 
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Monday, December 20, 2010 9:55 AM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:43 AM

All replies

• Can you run a ExBPA report and post the results?

Also can you tell us about your architecture (how many servers, how you are publishing to the internet, what types of clients, etc)?

Tim Harrington - Catapult Systems - http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 2:41 AM
  • Thank you for your reply, but I finally was able to get it working. I noticed that when looking in ADSIedit that there wasn't really anything for exchange. I re-ran the prepare schema and prepare AD commands and everything started working correctly. I think somehow all the permissions got completely messed up. 
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Monday, December 20, 2010 9:55 AM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:43 AM