none
cant delete email From Draft of OWA 2007

Question

• Hi frnds;

I have come across a setup where in there are two exchange 2007 with Sp1. The servers are as mentioned below:

SRV1- mailbox/CAS/hub
    SRV2- cas[external owa use]

We are facing a problem with one of the exchange user.  Hes not able to delete his emails present in the draft while he logs in using OWA.

Fortunatly he doesnt see any emails in his draft of outlook 2007.

He gets an error
     while moving:
    some items can't be moved as the folder has reached its limits.
    while deleting:
    the email reappears while deletion? strange :)

Can anybody help me out here

Regards

Rex

Thursday, August 12, 2010 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try accessing the mailbox using MFCMapi & delete the message from there.

Ripu Daman Mina | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:44 AM
  • i just want to update that i dont see the corrupt mails in the mapi outlook connection. i see them only in the draft of the Outlook web access....

Using MFCMAPI can i delete the email from the owa2007?

Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Hi,

We can delete the mail which we can see the MFCMAPI & it a copy on mailbox & we can see all mail which are seen in OWA.

Friday, August 13, 2010 10:49 AM
  • Ok. Thnx ripu n all, i will give it a try and update you all...
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 6:06 AM
  • Hi sdcisa,

How about your question? Any updates?

Do you mean only one user has the problem? If yes, sometimes outlook addin may also cause the problem.

Can the use send mails using OWA?

Frank Wang
    Monday, August 16, 2010 7:17 AM
  • Hi all;

I wasnt able to delete OR view  the draft emails using MFCMAPI.

I followed all the steps and opened the IPM Subtree and opened DRAFT to find no draft emails. then i right click draft folder and clicked on Open subfolder delete table. and i found the 5 emails which i require to delete.

but i couldnt delete or read the emails.

Please note that i can only c the draft emails in OWA 2007 and not in outlook2007 Mapi. these steps were done by logininto the domain using the domain administrator login and outlook 2007 was configured for the problem matic user.

please advice.

regards

Rex

Monday, August 16, 2010 2:26 PM
  • Hi,

Was there some error while deleting, is the attribute hidden is true for sub-folder or these mails, if yes try changing the same to false & then delete it.

Monday, August 16, 2010 3:41 PM
  • how do i change the attribute to false?
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:44 PM
  • Hi, 

There is an attribute PR_Attr_Hidden, PidTagAttributeHidden,ptagAttrHidden which was set to True. Set it to False & check if you could see it in outlook or not

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 1:45 PM
  • actually i am quiet new to MFCMAPI. Pls find the steps i followed:

open mfcmapi>clicked on Logon & display  store table. Then clicked on IPM Subtree under which the Draft folder is present. I right click draft folder and clicked Open delete subfolder table. In that option I see the 5 draft emails. When i click on  that email. it turn up with error.

Then when i follow to delete or read , it turns out with error.

Now can you help me out by telling me where i can find these PR_Attr_Hidden, PidTagAttributeHidden,ptagAttrHidden and how to make them false.....

Please advice.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:41 PM
  • unforunatly... all the attributes were already set to false. and still the problem. finally i had to recreate the mailbox.

Thank you all for your support

Friday, August 20, 2010 5:49 AM
  • Hello

I have had the same problem a couple of times. I have used the MAPI client and deleted the faulty messages. However they were all impossible to delete when i used cahed mode. I had to run the mapi client "online instead...

Monday, January 30, 2012 2:38 PM