none
Outlook doesn't connect to server

Question

• After having installed Windows 8 Outlook 2013 preview, Outlook 2010 and Mail don't connect to Exchange server.  Same problem trying to use Webmail with Internet explorer.  The hang up with Oulouk occurs, when I open it and log on with password, it does not accept the password.  Am using Windows Live logon password. 

Any suggestions? Thanks

Lutz

Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hello Jason,

Thanks for your input.  I just solved the problem.  I have a Gmail account, which I rarely use.  I just tried it and was able to connect.  As a result I deleted the Outlook account and added it again and it worked.  Not sure what the gremlins were, but they are gone

Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:21 PM

All replies

• Is this an Exchange server you manage? If so your Windows Live login won't work.

Sounds like something is broken on your Exchange server if no clients will connected. Are the required services running?

What does http://exrca.com test show?

You need to provide more detail if you expect to get an answer.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Propose as Answer" If you find it helpful , mark it as helpful by clicking on "Vote as Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster. If you need an expert migration consultant to assist your organization feel free to contact me directly.

Jason Sherry | Blog | Hire Me | Twitter: @JasonSherry
    Microsoft Infrastructure Architect, MCSE: M, MCTIP, Microsoft Exchange MVP

Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:05 PM
  • Hello Jason,

Thanks for your input.  I just solved the problem.  I have a Gmail account, which I rarely use.  I just tried it and was able to connect.  As a result I deleted the Outlook account and added it again and it worked.  Not sure what the gremlins were, but they are gone

Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:21 PM