none
Cannot receive email from outside or external in exchange 2010

Question

• hi 

I've just deployed edge exchange server 2010 in my environment. however, I can send out the email to gmail or hotmail account. however, I can't receive email from gmail or hotmail.

in edge server 2010, I use mail queue viewer and found my gmail email stuck in the edge server.

please help

thank you

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

which queue that the message stays?

Please try to post the detail error message from queue viewer.

Please verify if you have Exchange server authentication configured for receive connector on hub transport

Please try to run the cmdlet below from hub transport server and then post the result here.

Get-ReceiveConnector "connector-name>" | Get-ADPermission | where {$_.extendedrights -like "*submit*"}|ft user,extendedrights

Xiu Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:25 AM

All replies

• Check whether if you selected the anonymous users or not, if not please check that option.

• In the work pane, select the default Receive connector.
    • Under the name of the Receive connector in the action pane, click Properties to open the Properties page.
    • Click the Permission Groups tab. Select Anonymous users.
    • Click OK to save your changes and exit the Properties page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232021.aspx

Thanks

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

which queue that the message stays?

Please try to post the detail error message from queue viewer.

Please verify if you have Exchange server authentication configured for receive connector on hub transport

Please try to run the cmdlet below from hub transport server and then post the result here.

Get-ReceiveConnector "connector-name>" | Get-ADPermission | where {$_.extendedrights -like "*submit*"}|ft user,extendedrights

Xiu Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:25 AM