none
550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found

Question

• I just setup my Exchange 2007 server and am able to receive and send emails without a problem, however I am trying to do the following:

Users not inside my domain (mydomain.com) are hosted outside.
    How can Exchange be setup to route mail for mydomain.com that are not found, to go outside?

When I send email this users i received this error message:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:
    This recipient e-mail address was not found in the recipient e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the recipient e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: correo.domain.local

email
    5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found ##
    Monday, July 09, 2007 6:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your primary smtp domain must be configured as a relay domain and you must create a send connector to deliver mails for that domain.

Leif

• Marked as answer by Rowen-Xu Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:24 AM
    Monday, July 09, 2007 6:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your primary smtp domain must be configured as a relay domain and you must create a send connector to deliver mails for that domain.

Leif

Monday, July 09, 2007 6:14 PM
  • Thanks, it that work for me, but i see the efect until i reset the exchange server.
    • Unmarked as answer by Rowen-Xu Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:24 AM
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 6:05 PM
  • Hi Leif!

I am trying to figure out HOW to change the Primary SMTP domain... since there is a default email address policy it doesnt seem to want to let me change it.  If I change the policy all email addresses would go away no?

I read somewhere that creating a @local domain would be the best bet, I would like to avoid that is at all possible since I dont want that name to appear later in AD or on the user.

I am in the same boat as most, we have a mandate from a hosted exchange company to be off their servers by the end of month, I have the exchange 2007 enviroment built, but managment wanted to move say 5 users at a time, seemlessly... oh the joy....  so when email comes in, if the user hasnt been migrated over, the message would then be routed to the hosting company and the user would get the message...

Could you point me in the right direction for doing this? docs or reference material works for me, I dont need the whole how to if that helps! :)

Thanks

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:45 PM
  • Hi Leif!

Well I managed to do this, I created an auth domain test.com and changed my policy to test.com changed my auth domain to a externam relay and that is working great.

The question I have now is, what do I do to get my domain back as the auth domain, and keep the relay as I move users over to my new in-house exchange server?

Thanks alot! 

ivanmor

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 7:27 PM