none
Mailbox Server Role Calculator - SPECInt Rate

General discussion

• Hi,

I'm having difficulty on planning new servers with Mailbox Server Role Calculator. I don't have the hardware yet so I can't populate the SPECint2006 Rate Value. I'm using the calculator to give me all the recommended hardware configuration but without this value I can't have an idea of what is the best hardware for me. What can I do in this case? Is there any default value to help me?

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:27 PM

All replies

• Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.  You'll seldom have problems with processor capacity given today's servers.  If you want validation, post how many mailboxes your server will support and the number of cores you're buying and someone here should be able to tell you whether it'll be adequate.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:13 PM
  • Tks Ed.

I'm a consulting and usually I have to calculate all hardware that my customers needs to start a migration process. In many cases they have to buy new hardware.. So I have to calculate for them. In one of them they want to virtuallize all servers and we have 12.000 mailboxes to migrate. The hardware used is a Dell R710 and this is not a good hardware to this environment since after I populate all information on calculator sheet it tells me that I will have problems with CPU utilization (149%). So, I need to estimate a new hardware for this...

• Edited by lloureiro Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:35 PM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:33 PM