none
Outlook Username password Pop Issues

Question

• hi guys

i have this strange Outlook Issues and if some one can help, that will be great.

2 Exchange HUB/CAS Servers with Windows NLB

OWA - webmail.mycompany.com ( Internal URL - array.mycompnay.com , external- webmail.myconpmay.com )

CASArray/NLB Name  - array.mycompany.com

OAW - webmail.mycompany.com

Local Certificiate - CN- webmail.mycompany.com , SAN- autodiscover.mtcompany.com,webmail.mycompany.com, HUB/CAS FQDN , mycompnay.com (array.mycompany.com name is not included )

Servies - IIS,POP,SMTP,IMAP to Local certifiicate

if i restart Exchange SMTP Servies, it will stop, but again after some time, it will come and still couldn't find any relazationship for user profiles( it wil not effect all the user and couple of ramdom users will get issues and once restart the SMTP, temparay it will be ok.

Since i thought it's realated to Certifiicate, i recreated another Local Certifiicate with All name(array.mycompnay.com )and assgin all services to New Certifiicate. but once it done, My EDGE did stops syncronization with HUB( tried new EDGE subcription, etc....., finally revert back to old Certifiiate and EDGE Scynronization is ok), but still users get this pop isses.

can anyone  help for me . exchagne 2010 SP2

Than you

Indunil

• Edited by Indunil Wednesday, May 02, 2012 1:06 PM wrong
    Wednesday, May 02, 2012 1:05 PM

Answers

• as microsoft support request, changed the outlook anywhere authenication from basic to NTNL, after that  issues didn't come,
    • Marked as answer by Indunil Monday, June 18, 2012 8:27 AM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 8:26 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

If my understand is correct, you restart SMTP server, and then some Outlook clients always prompt Password.

What version the Outlook ?

Does the user use Outlook Anywhere ?

Wendy Liu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:38 AM
  • thank you for the reply.  just need to restart Exchange transport Service only. no need to restart whole server.  whenevery uers get this password promot issues, i have to restart this serveris, then it will stop for some couple of days, but again it will come , no Issues found from event viewer, but one Application Event has Certificiate error  for HUB Servers saying FQDN is not in certificiate.

yes users use OAW and both 2007 & 2010 outlook get this error

Thursday, May 03, 2012 12:47 PM
  • Hi,

Please run the following command on Hub Server.

Get-ExchangeCertificate |fl

What authentication method for OWA ,Autodiscover and EWS ?

Please check IIS log if have any error of issue user.

Please also try to test use other account logon.

Please post the issue user information via the following command.

Get-Mailbox -Identity "mailboxalias" |fl

By the way, do you log on use UPN ?

Wendy Liu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:19 AM
  • thank you for reply

form-base authentication OWA autodiscover & EWS default authenication method(not changed ). will send command output tomrrow. domain\username is using to authenicate.

Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:16 PM
  • as microsoft support request, changed the outlook anywhere authenication from basic to NTNL, after that  issues didn't come,
    • Marked as answer by Indunil Monday, June 18, 2012 8:27 AM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 8:26 AM