none
E-mails are bouncing back please help (SMTP Relay error)

Question

• Hi Friends, I am new to this forum and also new to exchange server. Recently i installed exchange server 2010 and configured it and after that i am able to send and receive e-mails locally but when i am sending e-mail out side e-mail is bouncing back with the error "please ask you ISP for SMTP Relay this IP cannot send e-mails" please help.

I configure send and receive connectors in hub transport because i am not using edge server. i registered my domain name with godaddy.com and i configured there MX and A record. I am using home dsl connection. Please help me

I am learning exchange server and to the last week i am just stuck here please help.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Friends, I am new to this forum and also new to exchange server. Recently i installed exchange server 2010 and configured it and after that i am able to send and receive e-mails locally but when i am sending e-mail out side e-mail is bouncing back with the error "please ask you ISP for SMTP Relay this IP cannot send e-mails" please help.

I configure send and receive connectors in hub transport because i am not using edge server. i registered my domain name with godaddy.com and i configured there MX and A record. I am using home dsl connection. Please help me

I am learning exchange server and to the last week i am just stuck here please help.

You need to route your mail through your ISPs smarthost if they allow it. Home DSL means dynamic IP and most if not all orgs will drop mail from a dynamic ip.

Your choices are:

1. Route mail through your ISP ( Contact their support for info)

2. Upgrade to a Business Class connection that has a static ip and correct Reverse Record for that ip in external DNS

3. Use a 3rd party provider to recieve and send your email though such as :

http://www.dyndns.com/services/sendlabs/

• Marked as answer by Faizan123 Monday, July 25, 2011 12:12 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Faizan123 Monday, July 25, 2011 12:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Faizan123 Monday, July 25, 2011 12:14 AM
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:39 PM

All replies

You need to route your mail through your ISPs smarthost if they allow it. Home DSL means dynamic IP and most if not all orgs will drop mail from a dynamic ip.

Your choices are:

1. Route mail through your ISP ( Contact their support for info)

2. Upgrade to a Business Class connection that has a static ip and correct Reverse Record for that ip in external DNS

3. Use a 3rd party provider to recieve and send your email though such as :

http://www.dyndns.com/services/sendlabs/

• Marked as answer by Faizan123 Monday, July 25, 2011 12:12 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Faizan123 Monday, July 25, 2011 12:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Faizan123 Monday, July 25, 2011 12:14 AM
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 11:39 PM
  • Thanks very much Andy, you solved the problem.

God Bless you.

Monday, July 25, 2011 12:14 AM