none
Public Folders Move from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010

Question

• I have ran the AddReplica script and the Folder structure resides on Exchange 2010. I then ran the MoveAllReplicas scripts, but that doesn't seem to be working. When I run getupdate on Public folders 98% of the folders list 0 items. My databses is about 250 MB in size on the source server.

Cory

edit - No errors are being written to the event log on either side.

Friday, June 03, 2011 5:30 PM

Answers

• If you used the Move All Replicas script then Exchange has started to remove the data. You will have to go back to the previous database that had some of the content has gone in and wait it out. That is why I never use the move all replicas script until all content has been replicated, because if something goes wrong, you have no back out plan.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Saturday, June 04, 2011 3:45 PM

All replies

• How long have you waited?

Public Folder replication can take days. If you have run it and expecting something to happen immediately, then you are in for a disappointment.

Do ensure that the traffic isn't queueing though, as it passes over SMTP so an issue with SMTP traffic or the RGC can cause the replication to fail. However if some of the folders have content in them then traffic is moving, you will just have to be patient.

Simon.

Friday, June 03, 2011 6:01 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I have pointed the Exchange 2010 MB DB back to the Exchange Folder Database and restarted Outlook and am unable to see any of the old data.
    Cory
    Friday, June 03, 2011 6:16 PM
  • If you used the Move All Replicas script then Exchange has started to remove the data. You will have to go back to the previous database that had some of the content has gone in and wait it out. That is why I never use the move all replicas script until all content has been replicated, because if something goes wrong, you have no back out plan.

Simon.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Hello,

We can raise the diagnostic log level by the following steps:

1. Open ESM, locate First Organization >> Administrative Groups >> First Administrative Group >> Server

2. Right click on ServerName and select Properties.

3. On the Diagnostic Logging tab.

4. In the Services box, select MSExchangeIS >> Public Folder.

5. Please raise log level for:

Transport General

General

Replication AD Updates

Replication Incoming Message

Replication Outgoing Message

Non-delivery Reports

Transport Sending

Transport Delivering

6. Reproduce the issue and check if there are any related errors.

Thanks,
    Simon Wu

Monday, June 06, 2011 7:16 AM
  • It was a waiting a game. The folders have been moved to Exchange 2010.

Thanks to all whom replied.

Cory

Cory
    Monday, June 13, 2011 2:36 PM