none
Microsoft Exchange On-Premises --- Initialization Failed

Question

• After many attempts trying every suggestions posted on here I finally give up and rebuild my exchange 2010 server.

Error: Microsoft Exchange On-Premises --- Initialization Failed

The following error occured when searching for On-Premises exchange server:

[oha-exc-ser.orl-oha.org] Connecting to remote server failed with the following message : The WSMan client cannot process the request.  It cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer. The content type is absent or invalid. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.  It was running the command “Discover-ExchangeServer –UseWIA $True –SuppressError $True’.

What can I try?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• I had a very similar issue when I updated my local machine (Connecting remotely to the Exchange MMC) and had not applied and rebooted the exchange server yet.

I would reccomend making sure all the latest patches are applied to both your workstation and server rebooting and seeing what happens.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:39 PM
  • Check if the IIS service is started..
    MCP, MCSE 2000 , MCSA 2000 ,MCSA 2003 , MCITP , MCTS , MCT
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:10 PM
  • I have the same issue too. I've gone through this document and everything seems to be ok

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2010/02/04/453946.aspx

I also tried to reinstall Exchange and I keep getting an error on the Client Access Role. If I uninstalled Echange Server, will it remove it completely?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:13 PM
  • Hi
         The Exchange Team Blog has offered many possible cause and solution.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:01 AM