none
Export mailbox to PST - Exchange 2007

Question

• I ran this command on my Domain Admin Account from our 2007 Exchange Server 2007 w/ SP3:

[PS] C:\Users\jesse\Desktop>Get-Mailbox | Add-ADPermission -User "jesse.Sams" -
    AccessRights GenericAll -ExtendedRights Send-As, Receive-As, MS-exch-store-admin

When I run the command:

Export-Mailbox –Identity <mailboxUser> -PSTFolderPath <pathToSavePST>

-StartDate "<//span>08/29/12" –EndDate "08/29/12" -DeleteContent

I get the error:

Export-Mailbox : Error was found for First Name (first.last@domain.com) because: Error occurred in the step: Moving messages. Failed to copy messages to the destination mailbox store with error: MAPI or an unspecified service provider.

ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000, error code: -1056749164 At line:1 char:15 + Export-Mailbox <<<<  -Identity first.last -PSTFolderPath d:\archive -StartDate "08/29/12" -EndDate "08/29/12" -DeleteContent    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (0:Int32) [Export-Mailbox], RecipientTaskException    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 70397370,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Recipient Tasks.ExportMailbox

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jesse

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:25 PM

All replies

• Please confirm.

In order to export or import mailboxes to PST files the following requirements must be met:

•Export/Import to PST must be run from a 32 bit client machine with Exchange Management Tools installed (Version Exchange 2007 SP1 or later). The 32bit requirement comes from a dependency with the Outlook client.
    •Either Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 must be installed on the client machine.
    •The user running the task must be an Exchange Organization Admin or an Exchange Server Admin on the server where the mailbox to export/import lives.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:29 PM
  • All are true of the client and my AD account
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:07 PM
  • Instead of using Get-Mailbox | Add-ADPermission -User "jesse.Sams" -
    AccessRights GenericAll -ExtendedRights Send-As, Receive-As, MS-exch-store-admin

Use below

Get-Mailbox | Add-ADPermission -User "jesse.Sams" -AccessRights FullAccess

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:08 PM
  • Here is the output:

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-Mailbox | Add-ADPermission -User "jesse.sams" -Ac
    essRights fullaccess

Add-ADPermission : Cannot bind parameter 'AccessRights'. Cannot convert value "
    fullaccess" to type "System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectoryRights" due to inv
    alid enumeration values. Specify one of the following enumeration values and tr
    y again. The possible enumeration values are "CreateChild, DeleteChild, ListChi
    ldren, Self, ReadProperty, WriteProperty, DeleteTree, ListObject, ExtendedRight
    , Delete, ReadControl, GenericExecute, GenericWrite, GenericRead, WriteDacl, Wr
    iteOwner, GenericAll, Synchronize, AccessSystemSecurity".
    At line:1 char:65
    + Get-Mailbox | Add-ADPermission -User "jesse.sams" -AccessRights <<<<  fullac
    cess
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Add-ADPermission], Paramet
       erBindingException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgumentNoMessage,Microsoft.Exchang
       e.Management.RecipientTasks.AddADPermission

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Hello jwmms,

You can use this command to do that:

Get-mailbox| add-mailboxpermission -user "jesse.sams" -AccessRights fullaccess

Add-MailboxPermission
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124097(EXCHG.80).aspx

Thanks,

Evan Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:54 AM
  • My bad it was add-mailboxpermission as mentioned.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:23 PM
  • Hmm, I am still getting an error:

: Error occurred in the step: Moving messages.   Failed to copy messages to the destination  mailbox store with error:  MAPI or an unspecified service provider.  ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Logging\MigrationLogs\export-Mailbox20120830- 100411-3201059.xml    + CategoryInfo: InvalidOperation: (0:Int32) [Export-Mailbox], RecipientTaskException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 3FFF14E,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.ExportMailbox

I am using a 32bit Win 7 box with MS Outlook 2007 and 2007 Exchg tools installed.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:19 PM
  • First let's verify that you have full access to their mailbox, see if you can open another user's mailbox.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:55 PM
  • I am getting the message:

The operation failed.  An object cannot be found or the Inbox folder cannot be found.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:24 PM
  • Did this error also occur when you export other mailboxes?

Could you post the command you used to export mailbox?

If you use Administrator account to do export task, will this issue occur or not?

Thanks,

Evan Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com

Evan Liu

Monday, September 03, 2012 11:26 AM
  • Hello,

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks,

Evan Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com

Evan Liu

Thursday, September 06, 2012 5:47 AM
  • My apology for the delayed response.  Yes, it has occurred on several users.  All were disabled in AD (both hidden and not hidden in Exg.)

The command is:  Export-Mailbox –Identity <mailboxUser> -PSTFolderPath <pathToSavePST> -StartDate "<//span>08/29/12" –EndDate "08/29/12" -DeleteContent

I used an administrator account with the permissions as mentioned above applied to my account and a non-admin account with the same permissions all with the same results.

Any ideas?

Thursday, September 06, 2012 3:43 PM
  • Have you verified you can access these mailboxes? Can you verify that the exchange tools installed on your win7 box is same Exchange service pack level and rollup as your Exchange server?

Thursday, September 06, 2012 3:59 PM
  • My apology for the delay in reponse.

I can add users to an Outlook profile setup with Send/Recieve privileges. 

I assume the versions are the same; I don't see a particular version number for the Exg. Tools, but I do see that the Exchange version appears in the about menu option.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:16 PM
  • Have you got solution ?

IF yes please suggest,, I am also facing same issue...

Friday, December 13, 2013 1:51 PM
  • The error message indicates that everything is correct except Full Mailbox Access.

Pre-flight check list:

1. 32-bit box

2. Outlook installed

3. Management Tools SP3 installed

4. Running Shell as Administrator

5. Have Full Mailbox Access to the mailboxes to export

Jesper Ståhle MCT, MCITP:EA+EST, MCSA+M

Friday, December 20, 2013 2:34 PM
  • See this post:  http://vworld.nl/?p=692

Let us know.

HossFly, Exchange Administrator

Friday, December 20, 2013 3:20 PM
  • MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000, error code: -1056749164” is a general error when The user running the Export-Mailbox does not have full access to the source mailbox. Make sure to check that the account used for running Export-Mailbox has sufficient Permissions:
    For more information about Permissions refer to the link below:

How to Import Mailbox Data

How to Export and Import mailboxes to PST files in Exchange 2007 SP1

Also,  (kb2598374) onwards on Outlook 2010  appears to break Export-Mailbox giving you a nice “: Error occurred in the step: Approving object. An unknown error h
    as occurred., error code: -2147221233”, when you revert to 14.06120.5000 and below it starts working again…

14.0.6117.5001 (kb2553248) = works

14.0.6120.5000 (kb2598318)  = works

14.0.6123.5000 (kb2598374)  = does not work

14.0.6129.5000 (kb2687608) = does not work

So, what is the exact version of Outlook.exe you are running? I would recommend reverting it to an earlier version as per above and testing.

M.P.K ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

• Proposed as answer by Pavan Maganti Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:05 PM
    Thursday, January 02, 2014 12:06 PM
  • Sorry for the delay. We have been off on holiday. As you stated earlier you have the correct permissions. Can you give us an update?

HossFly, Exchange Administrator

Thursday, January 02, 2014 4:59 PM