none
iPhone exchange 2010 unable to verify account information

Question

• when trying to configure a test account on my exchange 2010 server with an iphone i am getting the error

"EXCHANGE ACCOUNT: Unable to verify account information"

i have filled out the domain, username and password as well as the webmail1.company.com server name. i have tried the username alone along with the @domain.com but nothing, same error. the account is not locked out and if i go directly to the owa site i can login fine.

i also tried this with an htc evo4g with the same account and got the same error.

i tried it internally as well as externally. neither way works.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Try username without @domain.com, with an empty domain field

Regards.

Shafaquat Ali.

M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007/2010, M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008, M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2, URL: http://blog.WhatDoUC.net Phone: +923008210320
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:13 PM
  • tried that, no go.
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:17 PM
  • Keep in mind OWA and the iphone connecting via activesync are two VERY different things.  have you checked your activesync connection out by using https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ ?

Also, make sure you have activesync enabled on the server

Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:50 PM
  • this is what i got.

ExRCA is testing Exchange ActiveSync.
      The Exchange ActiveSync test failed.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name webmail1.company.com in DNS.
      Host successfully resolved

Additional Details
    Testing TCP Port 443 on host webmail1.company.com to ensure it is listening and open.
      The port was opened successfully.
    ExRCA is testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.
      The SSL certificate failed one or more certificate validation checks.

Test Steps

The certificate name is being validated.
      Certificate name validation failed.
      Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:12 PM
  • Make sure the user account is set to "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" in AD - User Properties - Security tab - Advanced Button.
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:12 PM
  • does the certificate name that you enabled for activesync match the server name you are putting in the mail profile on the iphone?
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:20 PM
  • how do i see that?
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:36 PM
  • This means you have a problem with your certificate which is why the phones are not working.  You need to tell us more about the cert you are using.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 1:22 AM
  • in exchange management console click on "Server Configuration" and on the right hand pane you should see your list of servers. Click one of your CAS servers and on the bottom pane you will see your certificates
    Friday, October 22, 2010 1:09 PM
  • i spoke with microsoft and the issue was that the owa page was redirected.
    • Marked as answer by OldSchoola Monday, October 25, 2010 2:50 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 2:50 PM
  • How they fixed it?
    David Tabib
    Friday, October 07, 2011 1:50 PM
  • OldSchoola,

I have the same problem as you did. Can you please tell me more how to resolve the problem? You've indicated that you remove the OWA redirection? Can you provide steps how you did it?

Thanks,
    Relfe

Relfe
    Monday, November 07, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Hi Guys,

I'm having an issue with iPads and Exchange 2010.

I have setup Exchange 2010 and configured Activesync. To test i
    ran ExRCA and it passed successfully. I also have a windows mobile and a
    Android 3.1 set up using the 2010 environment.

We have a public
    certificate and require SSL enabled on the Activesync virtual directory.
    We also have http redirect enabled on the root to redirect to https and
    /owa but not on sub directories.

Interestingly iphones seem to work.the ipads i've tried have been 5.0.1 and 5.1. Iphones that work have also been a mixture.

I
    get a Unable to verify account information error when trying to setup
    an exchange account. I also cannot browse to owa using safari from the
    ipads but can from all other devices and safari on my pc.

I have done a reset network setting and even wiped a ipad but all with no joy. I'm really stuck.

Any help would be great :)

Mike

Friday, March 16, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Microsoft shouldn't hide these really useful tools so well.

I'v come across a few of these hidden services form MS. Another being a office365 latency testing site.

Anyway, thanks Pantherfan.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:26 PM
  • I had a similar issue today with one user on our domain.

Over the weekend her iPhone lost connection to the server. My attempts at deleting the account from the iphone and re-adding it were giving me the error

"Unable to verify account information" or words to that effect. I was able to add another account to her iphone but not her own.

To resolve the issue I logged into the EMC, selected her mailbox and chose the option "manage mobile phone". Making sure she only had one mobile device in the list at the top and selecting it, I chose the option below "remove mobile phone partnership"

I then proceeded to delete the exchange account from the iPhone and adding back again.

• Proposed as answer by defecta Monday, October 15, 2012 4:38 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by defecta Monday, October 15, 2012 4:38 AM
    • Proposed as answer by ITDGOOD Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:29 PM
    Monday, October 15, 2012 4:38 AM
  • Thanks defecta!  I just had someone who was unable to verify on a new iPhone 5 with Exchange 2010 (SBS 2011) on the back end.  As you described above I went into the EMC, removed their old iPhone partnership, had them delete whatever account they had tried to setup on the iPhone 5, start over and it verified their account.
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:52 PM
  • Hello all!

I have tried everything above and still cannot get iPhone 5 to connect. Has anything new come up to get these to connect. Any tweaks in Exchagne I need to do? We only have Android phones and all 10+ of those work fine. Something change in just the last few days? This iPhone worked from Dec 2012 to about 2 days ago...

This is our first (and probably last) iPhone but what the boss wants the boss gets right???

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Friday, February 22, 2013 12:12 AM
  • Thanks Defecta, after toiling over this issue for 2 hrs you had the answer. 

- Daniel

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:28 PM