none
AD user not coming in exchange management console - 2010

Question

• I created a user in dsa.msc console in AD. After creation that user is not coming in mailbox tab of Exchange management console. If I open DSA.msc from inside exchange server i can see the user in AD, What could be the reason here
    Friday, January 24, 2014 10:19 AM

Answers

• In newer releases of exchange if you create user in AD does not get mailbox assigned automatically. You will need to add new mailbox in exchange and select existing AD user you created to associate mailbox with.

Abhijeet D

Friday, January 24, 2014 10:56 AM

All replies

• In newer releases of exchange if you create user in AD does not get mailbox assigned automatically. You will need to add new mailbox in exchange and select existing AD user you created to associate mailbox with.

Abhijeet D

Friday, January 24, 2014 10:56 AM
  • Yes I agree , but if I goto new mailbox creation under recepient tab, and select existing user, the user is not listed in the popup window.
    Friday, January 24, 2014 11:43 AM
  • Well it seems to be some sort of replication issue if no existing account is listed. Though you can give try for below.

1. Restart services on exchange server

2. Use replication admin tools like repadmin or replmon to check your replication.

3. If its single account, easiest would be simply delete it and create new one.

Abhijeet D

Friday, January 24, 2014 1:37 PM
  • You can try it the otherway. Create a mailbox and create a new user for it in the desired OU from Exchange.
    Friday, January 24, 2014 3:15 PM