none
Event ID 1006 The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service was unable to process jobs in a mailbox database.

Question

• Hello.  I am getting the following error in our Exchange 2010 SP 1 RU5  3 DAG environment.  I am at a loss, no amount of googling is coming up with anything useful and I have tried almost everything.

Event ID 1006

Source: MSExchangeMailboxReplication

The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service was unable to process jobs in a mailbox database.

Database: DB-01

Error: Couldn't find system mailbox 'SystemMailbox{c19987d4-cdb8-469d-9948-6e0046072fa2}' in Active Directory.

I searched our ADUC and I found the 'SystemMailbox{c19987d4-cdb8-469d-9948-6e0046072fa2} account under Microsoft Exchange System Objects.  Not sure what is going on, but these event log messages are coming thick and fast and I really need help.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:07 AM

All replies

• I would open a case with Microsoft support.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:27 PM
  • Unfortunately, that is no an option.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:38 AM
  • Hi Prancinq,

Did you do(change) something against System Mailbox recently?

Similar post, please see:

EventID: 1006 Source: MSExchange Mailbox Replication

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/5b043266-927a-476d-8594-f2e56da13719

Resource:

Re-create Discovery and Other System Mailboxes in Exchange 2010

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg588318.aspx

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:07 AM
  • Hi Frank,

I'm going to be honest with you.  The system was fine up until the other day, while trying to rid the event log of error messages, one of the fixes suggested that I put the Exchange server objects into the Organization Management group in ADUC.  So I did that and the error message went away.  However the next day, OWA access was down for our interstate users and as soon as I removed the Exchange server objects from the Organisation Management group, all was good again with OWA, after an iis reset.  However, the situation is worse now becasue I'm still getting the original error but only at one of our remote sites, plus this one now! 

Here is a copy of the previous error message, in which it was suggested that I add the Exchange server object to the Organization Management group.  But that didn't work.

(Process w3wp.exe, PID 3996) "RBAC authorization returns Access Denied for user hgr.local/Victoria/Servers/MelbourneExchangeServer. Reason: No role assignments associated with the specified user were found on Domain Controller SydneyDomainController"

Thanks for your assistance  with this matter Frank. Much appreciated.  Sorry if I sound inexperienced with this product.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:35 PM