none
Scalix to Exchange 2007 Migration

Question

• Hi,

We currently are running Scalix 11.3. w/ Outlook 2003 clients.  We have decided migrate from Scalix to Exchange 2007. We are having some issues in migrating user mailboxes. We are exporting the Scalix mailboxes through Outlook to a .PST file. We are attempting to import them in to Exchange from .PST files. I am receving an "Operation Failed" message.

I have also tried importing to Exchange via the Import-Mailbox command (PowerShell) with no success either. In the migration log it reports many errors in calendar appointments and certian folders are not importing.  I am noticing certian folders are empty and re-occuring calendar appointments are missing.

Is there another way to do a migration? Should be be looking at an email migration tool for this task?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 4:58 PM

All replies

• I have no idea what Scalix is (you should post in the 3rd party apps forum) but as for importing PST files with import-mailbox, be sure you've met the necessary requirements:

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/exchange-2007-sp1-mailbox-management-part1.html

(see "Prerequisites")

Saturday, October 11, 2008 2:40 PM
  • Scalix used to be HP OpenMail. It uses a client side connector to connect between Outlook and the Scalix Server. I did try to do an export then use the import-mailbox cmd. I have run into a problem. It seems that the encoding on the PST files is changed. The exchange server doesn't seem to like them. I can only assume that there is some problem with the encoding of the file format. When I do an import in the Exchange I am missing several items in folders and calendar items etc.

I have found a migration tool and I am evaulating it. Hopefully it will work!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:49 PM
  • We are going through this same migration, what tool did you end up using and did it work well?
    Wednesday, January 07, 2009 4:47 PM
  • We are too, currently in a process of evaluating this:

http://www.simplerwebb.com/Software/MailMover.aspx

I will post more details after some more experience on the application.
    Tuesday, December 08, 2009 11:40 AM