none
D:\outlookr.WW\Osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present

Question

•  

Hi, I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct spot, but I can't find the correct spot

I hope you can help me.  I bought office outlook 2007 from amazon the other day.  I put the disk in the dvd drive and a window pops up saying D:\outlookr.WW\Osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present

Anyone know why it's doing this?  I don't have any of the office software, except this.  I thought I could run this by itself.  I can't find anything about this problem in the forums

Thanks for any information you all could give me.

T

Friday, May 25, 2007 5:27 PM

All replies

• Try following Action 1 or Action 2 and see if one of them resolves your issue.

Action 1

·         Go to Start | Run | browse to the location where you have the CD for example:-

o   Start | run | D:\<path where you have the setup for project> | double click on setup.exe

Note:- D: is the CD drive letter where you have inserted the CD for Project 2007 Std.

Action 2

·         Go to another machine and copy the contents of the CD to a network share.

·         Once shared to the machine try installing it from the network share else you may also copy the content to the new PC itself and then see if that helps you out.

• Proposed as answer by ariminum Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:37 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:59 PM
  • I have an enterprise version of office 2007 on dvd, which was ordered directly from microsoft.  when i try to install it by running "setup.exe" i get the same error as the poster above:

D:\outlookr.WW\Osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present

since microsoft doesnt mention this anywhere on their website and technical support costs $200, i'm really hoping that someone reading this can help me.

i've tried everything i can think of:
    -- running setup from the command prompt
    -- copying all the files to my harddrive then running setup

if anyone out there knows any way to overcome this issue, i'd appriciate you filling me in.

thanks!!
    polina
    • Proposed as answer by ariminum Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:37 PM
    Monday, December 17, 2007 3:06 AM
  • I've also had the same problem but only on my home computer. When I try it on my work computer the setup screen appears. I've emailed Microsoft but if anyone else has the answer I would appreciate a heads up. I thought buying the enterprise version was a bargain but now I'm not sure. Our IT guys didn't have a clue.

Thanks

CarmenPOH

Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:49 PM
  • I became my MS-Action-Pack today, same problem as you described with the installation of Visio. I solved the problem with a simple trick.

1. Copy the whole installation directory on your hard disk (in my example: D:\Visio 2007\OFFICE12\
    2. Try to locate the OSETUP.DLL from another software on your CD (in my example I used the one from D:\Project Pro 2007\OFFICE12\PRJPROR\OSETUP.DLL
    3. Copy the OSETUP.DLL and replace it with your broken OSETUP.DLL on your hard disk.
    4. Give it a try, on my Windows Vista Business machine it worked!

Regards
    Monday, March 31, 2008 4:31 PM
  • The cause of this problem is not obvious - I have been through 20+ forum posts both here and throughout the first 30-40 results from a Google search, and most people said this problem can be fixed by one of these methods:

a) copy the Office CD onto the PC and replace OSETUP.dll from another Office product CD in the files you just put on the PC
    b) copy the disc into a share on the network and install it on the target PC using the network share instead of the optical drive
    c) check the Regional Options match your location, and if they are right then make sure your DVD region matches the region specified in the Control Panel.

In my case I found that none of these actually fixed the problem, they only provided clues to the real issue.  This error is due to the disc not being read correctly.  Yes you can see the files on the disc just like you would expect, but they are not being transferred properly for some reason, and Windows is unaware of the problem and you therefore are also unaware of any problem until you receive this strange OSETUP.dll problem.

The solution I found is to put the disc into another PC on your network, then copy the contents of the disc to either a network share available to the target PC, or directly to the target PC, then go to the PC you want to install onto (the target) and run setup.exe again from the network share, or other place you copied the files to.

if you don't have another computer, you should try replacing the optical drive, or use a USB optical drive to install from.

-StuDotWho.
    • Proposed as answer by StuDotWho Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:54 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:54 AM
  • Oh thanks os much for this - after so much time fiddling round microsoft site, emails to microsoft you came up with the perfect answer ... solved it straight off.
    copied the files from another computer   - the whole msi directory and this included the set up command, pasted onto memory stick, and added the ms office folders from the installation disc.   Popped it into new machine (netbook no disc therefore) and it ran using the setup I had copied across.   BRILLIANT THANKS
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:13 PM
  • Awesome, I'm really glad I could help!

-StuDotWho.
    • Proposed as answer by Wadhah82 Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:35 PM
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 10:49 AM
  • I had this problem also. But i rectified it. You can use following steps:- (1)Explore your CD OR DVD (2)Go to "VisPro.WW" folder and open it. (3)Here is one rar file named with "VisProWW". (4)Extract it where would you want. (5)Now see "OSETUP.DLL" will be here.(For see clearly Do Arrange icon by name using right click) (6)Now copy this "OSETUP.DLL" file and paste it into your "VisPro.WW" folder which is in your software folder. (7)A message will "Confirm File Replace" Click yes (8)Now install your software and Enjoy it!!!.
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 7:20 PM
  • I tried the suggestions posted here without success

For me the solution was to redownload the software from Microsoft. It showed the same build, but this time it worked.
    (p.s the the site was down for the weekend, maybe they were fixing something ?? )

Monday, May 24, 2010 12:20 PM
  • The cause of this problem is not obvious - I have been through 20+ forum posts both here and throughout the first 30-40 results from a Google search, and most people said this problem can be fixed by one of these methods:

a) copy the Office CD onto the PC and replace OSETUP.dll from another Office product CD in the files you just put on the PC
    b) copy the disc into a share on the network and install it on the target PC using the network share instead of the optical drive
    c) check the Regional Options match your location, and if they are right then make sure your DVD region matches the region specified in the Control Panel.

In my case I found that none of these actually fixed the problem, they only provided clues to the real issue.  This error is due to the disc not being read correctly.  Yes you can see the files on the disc just like you would expect, but they are not being transferred properly for some reason, and Windows is unaware of the problem and you therefore are also unaware of any problem until you receive this strange OSETUP.dll problem.

The solution I found is to put the disc into another PC on your network, then copy the contents of the disc to either a network share available to the target PC, or directly to the target PC, then go to the PC you want to install onto (the target) and run setup.exe again from the network share, or other place you copied the files to.

if you don't have another computer, you should try replacing the optical drive, or use a USB optical drive to install from.

-StuDotWho.

Another solution similar to the one above, is if you downloaded the MS office image  from windows servers then use a image drive like Slysoft's Virtual Clone Drive to load the image and install from there. http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html. Thank to StuDotWho who provided some insight into the cause of the problem and solution

- Mlindos_Pixodel

• Proposed as answer by JHONATAN VEGA Saturday, July 31, 2010 7:39 PM
    Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:20 PM
  • Hola, con respecto al (Error: OSETUP.DLL), le cuento que tenia el mismo problema, resulta que tenia el PC con Windows XP y lo pase a Windows 7, pero resulta que cuando iba a instalar Microsoft Office, salia este famoso error que buscando en la red, veo que es bien famoso (osetup.dll digital signature does not validate or is not present), pues reinstale 2 veces el S.O Windows 7, esperando que se solucionara, de hecho lo primero que instalaba despues del Sistema Operativo, era el Software de Microsoft Office.... y nadaa... intente cualquier cantidad de cosas para que se solucionara....

Analizando, y  analizando, me puse a pensar y resulta que en mi equipo tengo 2 memorias RAM  de 1GB cada una, una de estas memorias estaba fallando, la quite y nuevamente reinstale el S.O. de Windows 7 / 32Bits, e instale normalmente el Microsoft Office sin ningun problema. Problema Solucionado.

La RAM es fundamental para instalacion/escritura en el Disco Duro... resulta que quizas al  momento de instalar el S.O, no me instalaba y le hacian falta algunos archivos fundamentales, es por eso  que no me dejaba instalar el Microsoft Office
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 8:08 PM
  • Hello, regarding the (Error: OSETUP.DLL), I tell him that I had the same problem, is that had the PC with Windows XP and Windows 7 passes, but it turns out that when I went to install Microsoft Office, came out this famous error that searching the net, I see that it is well known (Does Not osetup.dll validate digital signature or is not present), then reinstall 2 times the OS Windows 7, hoping to solve, in fact the first thing installed after the operating system , was the Microsoft Office software .... and nothing ... try any number of things to be solved ....

Analyzing, and analyzing, I started thinking and my team is that I have two 1GB RAM each, one of these reports was failing, the remove and reinstall the OS again Windows 7 / 32bit, and usually install Microsoft Office without any problems. Problem Solved.

The RAM is essential for installation / write Hard Drive ... is that maybe when installing the OS, I installed and he needed some core files, which is why not let me install the Microsoft Office
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 8:09 PM
  • Hello, regarding the (Error: OSETUP.DLL), I tell him that I had the same problem, is that had the PC with Windows XP and Windows 7 passes, but it turns out that when I went to install Microsoft Office, came out this famous error that searching the net, I see that it is well known (Does Not osetup.dll validate digital signature or is not present), then reinstall 2 times the OS Windows 7, hoping to solve, in fact the first thing installed after the operating system , was the Microsoft Office software .... and nothing ... try any number of things to be solved ....

Analyzing, and analyzing, I started thinking and my team is that I have two 1GB RAM each, one of these reports was failing, the remove and reinstall the OS again Windows 7 / 32bit, and usually install Microsoft Office without any problems. Problem Solved.

The RAM is essential for installation / write Hard Drive ... is that maybe when installing the OS, I installed and he needed some core files, which is why not let me install the Microsoft Office
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 8:09 PM
  • I got the same error installing it on a virtual XP on Windows 7, when I used the d: cd drive that is "local" to the xp.  It runs fine on the xp cirtual machine from the "F:" cd drive that looks like it is on the host windows 7 machine.  This is a cd I had previously run, so I know it had no problems.  Apparently some kind of security setting.

HTH
    Friday, August 27, 2010 3:08 PM
  • Hi guys!

I've got the same problem with OneNote 2010. And I think, it's not possible to install the version of 2010 if you've installed Office 2007.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and I tried to install OneNote 2010 x86 and x64 architecture with no success. There did always occur the same known error message. But with OneNote 2007 it works.

I hope this is the answer of your unsolved issues.

Best regards

uncle PAX

Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:44 AM
  • Looks to me Microsoft has messed up the names on the iso-files. I've downloaded,from MS site:

SW_DVD5_Office_Professional_Plus_2010_64Bit_Swedish_MLF_X16-52725  and

SW_DVD5_Office_Professional_Plus_2010_W32_Swedish_MLF_X16-52719

If I mount the 64bit version I get files and folders named OWOW32WW and Office32sv and when I mount the 32bit version it says OWOW64WW etc. I'm no expert at all but could this have anything to do with the validation problem?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:57 PM
  • I had this error message as well.  I downloaded the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing site.  What happened was the ISO file did not completely download.  In my case only 23mb/732mb.  I had mounted the software with an ISO mounting program and all the folders and files were in place, just took me a while to clue into the fact that the whole program had not completely downloaded.  

If I dont post back then this is what solved the problem for me.  Ensure you have downloaded the complete file if you are having an issue with a downloaded volume license product.

Monday, November 01, 2010 1:40 PM
  • Same issue with Office 2007 which I bought for an XP machine, and it came as a download file, so I can't play the 'copy CD' card suggested. The suppliers suggested copying a version of it from elsewhere, so I got the one from our other PC (windows 7, office 2010). Retried install, same error. Of course the location of osetup.dll on the w7 pc can't be matched exactly on the XP as the directory structure is different.

As I already have the download file on the second hard drive on the XP machine that sounds like what worked for StuDotWho. Interestingly, there are 2 osetup.dll files in the download package, slightly different in size.

So next time round, extracted each of these from the download zip file to \\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftOffice\Office10, so they went into different sub-directories (Pro.WW and Updates respectively). Ran the setup.exe. No go. Again the 'digital signature does not validate or is not present' error for the Updates\osetup.dll.

Wonder if it has any significance that the error names the file OSETUP.DLL, whereas the files are osetup.dll ??

Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:06 AM
  • All you guys who could successfully copy the DVD contents to your harddisk are blessed. For me, the steps stated in the Microsoft support sites are useless. My software too (Office 2010 Professional Plus DVD) has the osetup.dll missing error. My problem is that I am unable to copy the 'troubled' software to the harddisk in order for me to move ahead and do the other steps to replace the errant dll.

I am unable to copy contents from the DVD to the harddisk, because I get the error message "cannot copy.... cyclic redundancy check." Can anybody help me with this?

I purchased Office 2010 original DVD 5 months ago. I was able to install the DVD then. Due to problems related to add-ins which started crashing MS Word and MS Excel recently,  Microsoft support asked me to uninstall the software and reinstall. I uninstalled successfully. Now, I am unable to re-install. Now, even MS support is unable to help. They have (over phone) spent over 6 hours of my time in the last 3 days. They are struggling for solutions. The retailer who sold the DVD is asking me to contact Microsoft for further instructions. I am stuck!

I know people who use pirated software without any such problems. I have always used legal software. Is this punishment for purchasing original software?

Cheers, Mahesh

Friday, December 03, 2010 6:39 AM
  • I have the same problem.  From the post above I thought it might be a problem with my drive, so I got an external usb drive and tried and got the same error.  Microsoft wants to charge us $200 to look into the problem.  This, people, is what happens when you have an oligopoly calling the shots -- poor execution and poor customer service.
    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:42 PM
  • Ok so this might be a working remedy. Whilst copying the osetup.dll would sometimes get corrupted so the best way to get a good setup is:

1. Copy all the setup files from your dvd to a good folder in your hard disk, name it like OFFICE 2007 setup.

2. Run the setup. Of course it would say error, like: "D:\Enterprise.WW\Osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present" or anything like that. Take note of the folder from where it is indicated. Here in my example it is D:\Enterprise.WW

3. Explore the folder indicated (in this case it is D:\Enterprise.WW. This time you MUST HAVE INSTALLED Winrar. If you have Winrar installed, look for a CAB file with a WW in its name. Since it is CAB extension, Winrar will see it as a compressed file. I  my case the CAB file is named EntreWW.cab

4. Now open the WW cab file or EntreWW.cab with Winrar and look for the OSETUP.DLL file. Extract it in your desktop or wherever. Then copy it and overwrite the corrupted osetup.dll from within the original folder or in my case D:\Enterprise.WW\

5. Run setup again and hopefully it will work like a charm. Yun lang. :)

• Proposed as answer by GisMe Friday, January 21, 2011 10:30 PM
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:31 AM
  • I had downloaded office 2010 via the Volume Licensing Service Center and was getting this same error. 

I took the first step of re-downloading the iso file and that has resolved the issue. 

Friday, January 21, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Hi, I was also having the same problem. I downloaded the Office Professional 2010 DVD iso from my technet subscription and received the same message. I have recently installed windows 7 64bit on my system and have not yet found a good ISO mounting tool yet. Anyway, after mounting the ISO on my W2K3 server and sharing the virtual CD I could install without any problems.

I do want to point out that my first attempts at downloading the file somehow failed, I was not using the microsoft downloader, the file wasn't complete but loaded without problems in Phantom CD. This is of course not interesting for people who have CDs.

My feeling is that downloading from technet or any other MS download source is best done with IE and the MS downloader.

Thanks to this forum I am very happily playing with office 2010 :)

Saturday, July 23, 2011 3:24 PM
  • I'm also having this issue with Visio 2010 bit 64 version.  I've tried multiple fixes, still not working. 

Machine is a Lenovo T420

I5 2520m @ 2.5Ghz

4 GB RAM

Win 7 64 bit Enterprise.

Machine already has Office 2010 64 bit preloaded on our image.  I've loaded Project 2010 64 bit on the machine.  I know we previously had this issue, but the tech who worked on the error is no longer with us and did not document what he did to resolve the issue.

I've tried

* exporting the iso files to the hard drive via winrar on said machine - same error

* mounting the iso file on said machine with virtual clone - same error

* extracting the iso to a folder on another 64 bit machine and mapping that folder to the machine in question - same error

* tried swapping the osetup.dll file from office 2010 and project 2010 (64 bit each) installs and received the Waston Client error - did not work

* have tried re-downloading the iso via the MS licensing site.  We tried on multiple machines using IE and the MS downloader software. - same error

* have tried to install from dvdrom drive - same error

* have tried to install from usb optical drive - same error

Any other ideas?  The ISO was downloaded from the Microsoft licensing site our company uses.  As was the Project 2010 64 bit (which worked without issue).

This is the error - get the same thing from multiple sources.

Please excuse the userid, just used my xbl account to sign in.

• Edited by EvilSuperHeros Friday, August 05, 2011 7:17 PM please excuse
    Friday, August 05, 2011 7:16 PM
  • hmm.. same problem.

Best fix?
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:46 AM
  • Hello friends I have best fix of this problem that is download osetup.dll from microsoft site and paste it at

[..\..\Enterprise.WW\ ] and the use it ..

• Edited by Vineet jee Saturday, June 23, 2012 6:02 PM
    Saturday, June 23, 2012 5:44 PM
  • I was having all these problems with Office 2010 ISO , then I downloaded using the download manager (which i normally prefer not to do) and it fix it for me.
    • Proposed as answer by Venthed Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:25 PM
    Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:09 PM
  • This is very easy to fix.

1. Just extract the iso file to your hard drive.

2. Then go to ProPlus.WW

3. There you will find ProPsWW.cab

4. Extract that file and copy osetup.dll from there.

5. Finally paste that file to ProPlus.WW and replace the previous one.

It's done. Enjoy.

Thursday, August 02, 2012 9:36 AM
  • THIS IS THE ANSWER, CHECK TO SEE IF THE END FILE SIZE MATCHES WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE!! FILE IS PROBABLY CORRUPTED BECAUSE IT DIDNT FINISH DOWNLOADING!!
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:26 PM