none
EWS throwing error: The service '/EWS/Exchange.ASMX' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.

Question

• Goodafternoon,

I have a Cisco Messaging Application (Unity Connection) that makes an EWS connection to Exchange 2010.

(Exchange Version - 14.01.0218.013)

The EWS under IIS has been setup to use HTTP (unchecked SSL).

This is causing Exchange to reject any incoming connection with the following error message:

Event ID 3

Source = System.ServiceModel 3.0.0.0

Task Category = WebHost

WebHost failed to process a request.

Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/30542218

Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/EWS/Exchange.ASMX' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: A binding instance has already been associated to listen URI 'http://exchdrimnagh.eire.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx'. If two endpoints want to share the same ListenUri, they must also share the same binding object instance. The two conflicting endpoints were either specified in AddServiceEndpoint() calls, in a config file, or a combination of AddServiceEndpoint() and config. . ---> System.InvalidOperationException: A binding instance has already been associated to listen URI 'http://exchdrimnagh.eire.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx'. If two endpoints want to share the same ListenUri, they must also share the same binding object instance. The two conflicting endpoints were either specified in AddServiceEndpoint() calls, in a config file, or a combination of AddServiceEndpoint() and config.

at System.ServiceModel.Description.DispatcherBuilder.InitializeServiceHost(ServiceDescription description, ServiceHostBase serviceHost)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.InitializeRuntime()

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath)

Process Name: w3wp

Process ID: 4324

I read a post where they mentioned that HTTP request (as opposed to HTTPS) was an issue but this should have been fixed in SP 1.

they mentioned changes to the web.config file as per the URL:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/thread/99eab9a8-2ce1-42d3-83c6-53782a00fdfe/

I tried this but that doesn't seem to work.  (note I made a backup of the web.config first !)

I need some assistance as Exchange is clearly barking up here.

Thanks in advance,

Kurt

kvandeve
    Monday, February 07, 2011 3:46 PM

Answers

All replies