none
No access to outlook.com/owa/tatasteel.com

Question

• I was able to connect to my work email last week but now I cannot. Our technical guru's CapGemini cannot access it either from outside the business nor can Virgin Media. Virgin Media has ran a trace route and although the site is there the hops/nodes are blocked after the first four. Basically Virgin Media cannot access the site either. If i connect using 3G from my iphone it's not a problem.

Any ideas?

My thoughts are that Microsoft are blocking access to Virgin Media and maybe other ISP's?

I have a web based account for Exchange 365 which is Tatasteels new mail environment.

Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you are an administrator, you should open a support ticket with Microsoft Online Support.  If you are not, you should discuss this with your administrator.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:43 PM
  • I'd suggest you cntact your network aministrator to collect a networm monitor log for further analysis. It would help us verify if the request from Virgin Media has been blocked by something or not.

Besides, you may verify with your system administrator to see if there is any error recorded in the application event log in the server and in the log of your firewall.

Hope it is helpful.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:47 AM
  • Steve, I work with GIS which is the IT department for TATASTEEL UK/Europe, I think that issues dealing with our in house email system should be directed to our own internal helpdesk in future and not made public on a Microsoft forum. Please contact the help desk with your issues Coten 7 801 1212, or via the intranet site IT section.

GIS TATASTEEL

Monday, November 05, 2012 6:59 PM