none
EWS - Calendar auto archive

Question

• I am using Pull Notification and EWS to have synchronization of appointments with Exchange 2010 server and my application. It works find, I am able to pull notification whenever user create, modify or delete an appointment.

Users have auto archive in their Microsoft Outlook, the auto archive can delete or move appointments in their calendar in Outlook, and notification fired and Pull Notification gets the message and process accordingly, this is correct.

What I want to ask is, is there a way EWS can check whether the notification (delete or modify or move) is fired because of auto archive?

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:51 AM

All replies

• No autoarchive is performed by the Outlook client and the Exchange Server doesn't have a way to differentiate client based requests (eg could be OWA, ActiveSync, Outlook rules, Blackberry etc etc). 

Autoarchive would only take action on older appointments that occured in the past so checking the age of the Item that was deleted (if you can access it in the dumpster) maybe an option.

Cheers
    Glen 

Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:07 AM
  • When calendar items are archived, it will be in the Archive folder, do you know which folder is it exactly if I want to get to the folder using EWS?  I see some archive folders when using the WellKnownFolderName enumeration.
    Friday, February 10, 2012 8:02 AM
  • Are you talking about something that is archive to a PST by Outlook or are you talking about the Online-Archive from Exchange 2010 ?. If its a PST file then you can't access PST content using EWS for the Online-Archive you will need to search for the folder in question from the WellKnownFolderName.ArchiveMsgFolderRoot

Chees
    Glen

Monday, February 13, 2012 2:09 AM