none
Outlook 2010, Exchange 2010, Automatically Accept Meeting Request?

Question

• Hi,

We have a three person organization using hosted exchange 2010 & Outlook 2010 on three different PC's.  We are trying to make it so that one of the three of us wants a group event, there is no accepting (it just accepts it for the three of us).  I cannot find that option within Outlook 2010. 

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Rich

Friday, July 08, 2011 9:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• I don't think I understand what you're asking for.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Saturday, July 09, 2011 1:27 AM
  • I would like it so that when I send an appointment to someone in my company, that they automatically accept my calendar appointment requests. 
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:04 PM
  • Just yours?  I know practical way of doing that except writing code.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:34 PM
  • Rich, how about:

File->Options->Calender->Resource scheduling

Sunday, July 10, 2011 10:38 PM
  • Hi Rich,

If you want users (who use Outlook 2010) can accept the meeting request automatically, you can follow jokeli’s suggestion to set in Outlook:

File-Options->Calendar->Resource scheduling->Automatically accept meeting requests and remove canceled meeting

Per my knowledge, there isn’t  any setting in Exchange 2010 or Outlook 2010 that can set to only accept the meeting request from one user automatically.

Thanks,

Evan Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Monday, July 11, 2011 10:29 AM
  • for setting only per user I would think you are able to handle that with incoming message rules. totally haven't tested that though. didn't go that route originally because didn't think he was after that.
    Monday, July 11, 2011 11:17 AM
  • WE are a law firm who has just moved from GroupWise to Outlook 2010.  Our secretaries schedule meetings / court dates, etc. for multiple attorneys and the attorneys do NOT want to be bothered accepting them all.  The secretaries have full rights to the attorney's calendar but want to put the information not on just one calendar but several.

I have searched the rules and find nothing that allows an auto-accept on a user's calendar.  We did this all the time in GroupWise and are finding it frustrating.

Is it possible to write a VBA macro to do it?

Thanks

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 6:05 PM
  • did you not read the previous posts?

both mine and one after that?

it is rather hidden in 2010 but it is there in the menu.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:45 PM
  • I've been through the rules.  While there is a condition that you can set to say if a meeting request comes in from a specified user, there is no action that says automatically accept it.  At leat none that I can find.

Since we aren't dealing with resources i didn't think the file / options / calendar / resource scheduling would be of any use.  And further, we would want to specify which people to automatically accept appointments from.

And please excuse my ignorance but I find nothing else in outlook that appears to deal with this.  I am not sure what menu you are talking about.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 3:44 PM
  • ppl are resources too.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Hi Rich,

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks,

Evan

Sunday, August 07, 2011 9:29 AM
  • Hi Evan,

Regarding this, I have 2 accounts in Outlook, a personal one, and one for our workgroup so other groups can send us all emails and we can post our appointments to. I'm the owner of both. I'd like the workgroup account calendar to automatically accept appointments, but not my personal account calendar. When I go to the setting you specify, it looks like it will affect all accounts that my Outlook client is connected to and that I am the owner of. How do I set auto accept for only one of my calendars/accounts?

Thank you.

Friday, May 11, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Log into the mailbox you want to configure, or if you have appropriate rights, you can use the Exchange Control Panel.

Friday, May 11, 2012 11:20 PM