Congrats !! Your problem got resolved .
Could share the resolution which you have done ? this will be helpful for other Poster if they face the same issue .
If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer. ---------- MCITP - Exchange 2010 | MCITP - Windows Server 2008 R2
i have exactly the same error. also on the microsoft exchange transport service.
wat DNS records have you checked? i've checked the "internal server" dns record, the "external server" dns record and the "autodiscover" dns record. they haven't changed and as far as i can see they are correct.
So how exactly did you resolve your issue? where in the exchange control panel did you went to see what is the problem?
thanks for an urgent response.
as for now, no message between exchange server 2013 mailboxes or internal to external or external to internal mails are passing
at the moment it is also solved. however, i cannot tell what was the solution. so i'll report what i have discovered and what i have tried to solve it:
1. in eventvwr i noticed the error mentioned at the top of this topic. This for the services microsoft exchange transport and microsoft exchange transport submission.
2. i 've checked my dns records as mentioned in a post here. The looked fine.
3. i 've search the logfiles, and in 1 log - frontend - connectivity - i found an error message: "DNS server returned ErrorRetry reported by 0.0.0.0. [Domain:Result] = internalserver.domain.com;ErrorRetry.
4. i' ve search on the internet and i came along this forum topic: "mailflow broken - error 451 4.7.0". (i can not provide the site, gives an error while submitting). As mentioned in this site: check secondary DNS server configured in ipv4. i did that. was correct filled in.
5. i've executed in an elevated command prompt ipconfig /flushdns.
6. in the properties of my ethernet connection i executed the diagnose button.
7. i've changed the configured dns servers in my network connection. i've putted the secondary dns in the primary dns field and vice versa.
After all those actions i went back looking at my services and i saw that the "microsoft exchange mailbox transport submission" service was running again. I manually started the "microsoft exchange transport service" and it also started without any error.
so i have no idea what was the exact solution or cause. it only had to do something with DNS. but both my dns servers are running correctly. i hope microsoft will ever provide a better message in case of only an application crash.