none
Exchange Mailbox Transport Submission Service not stating Exchange 2013

Question

• Hi,

I am using Exchange Server 2013 CU1 installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

Today, in the morning the transport service stopped suddenly and due to this mail flow completely stopped. Even, Exchange Submission Transport service is also not starting.

I have tried rebooting server and delayed restart the transport service but no luck.

In event log I found this application error

Faulting application name: MSExchangeSubmission.exe, version: 15.0.620.20, time stamp: 0x512192de
    Faulting module name: Microsoft.Exchange.Net.ni.dll, version: 15.0.620.18, time stamp: 0x511c5c25
    Exception code: 0xc00000fd
    Fault offset: 0x00000000006670c7
    Faulting process id: 0x5dc0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb821ae37d0ef
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin\MSExchangeSubmission.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\Microsoft.E91f4adf5#\4903d9451e8ac647b54cdb09ac31c042\Microsoft.Exchange.Net.ni.dll
    Report Id: ec863962-2414-11e3-abfc-3c4a92f7d5a1

Any one have any idea for the same..

Thanks in advance.. 

Thanks, Manoj

Monday, September 23, 2013 3:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have managed it to get it worked...Mail flow is smooth now.

I have modified some DNS records...

Thanks, Manoj

• Marked as answer by Manoj-Kumar Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:39 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:39 AM

All replies

• Even, Microsoft Exchange Transport Submission service is also not starting...

Thanks, Manoj

Monday, September 23, 2013 11:33 AM
  • Hi,

I have managed it to get it worked...Mail flow is smooth now.

I have modified some DNS records...

Thanks, Manoj

• Marked as answer by Manoj-Kumar Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:39 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:39 AM
  • Hi Manoj,

Congrats !! Your problem got resolved .

Could share the resolution which you have done ?  this will be helpful for other Poster if they face the same issue .

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer. ---------- MCITP - Exchange 2010 | MCITP - Windows Server 2008 R2

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:12 AM
  • Hello,

i have exactly the same error. also on the microsoft exchange transport service.

wat DNS records have you checked? i've checked the "internal server" dns record, the "external server" dns record and the "autodiscover" dns record. they haven't changed and as far as i can see they are correct.

So how exactly did you resolve your issue? where in the exchange control panel did you went to see what is the problem?

thanks for an urgent response.

as for now, no message between exchange server 2013 mailboxes or internal to external or external to internal mails are passing

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 10:23 AM
  • hello,

at the moment it is also solved. however, i cannot tell what was the solution. so i'll report what i have discovered and what i have tried to solve it:

1. in eventvwr i noticed the error mentioned at the top of this topic. This for the services microsoft exchange transport and microsoft exchange transport submission.

2. i 've checked my dns records as mentioned in a post here. The looked fine.

3. i 've search the logfiles, and in 1 log - frontend - connectivity - i found an error message: "DNS server returned ErrorRetry reported by 0.0.0.0. [Domain:Result] = internalserver.domain.com;ErrorRetry.

4. i' ve search on the internet and i came along this forum topic: "mailflow broken - error 451 4.7.0". (i can not provide the site, gives an error while submitting). As mentioned in this site: check secondary DNS server configured in ipv4. i did that. was correct filled in.

5. i've executed in an elevated command prompt ipconfig /flushdns.

6. in the properties of my ethernet connection i executed the diagnose button.

7. i've changed the configured dns servers in my network connection. i've putted the secondary dns in the primary dns field and vice versa.

After all those actions i went back looking at my services and i saw that the "microsoft exchange mailbox transport submission" service was running again. I manually started the "microsoft exchange transport service" and it also started without any error.

so i have no idea what was the exact solution or cause. it only had to do something with DNS. but both my dns servers are running correctly. i hope microsoft will ever provide a better message in case of only an application crash.

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 11:08 AM