none
Creating Mailbox Rules on Shared Mailboxes

Question

• We are using Exchange 2010 SP1 and have just discovered the Shared Mailboxes option. This has helped us get over a lot of hurdles. However we want to be able to make rules on those boxes to sort mail as it comes into a shared box to put it in different folders in that box. I can't seem to find a way to configure a mailbox rule for the shared box. Any guidance would be great!
    Wednesday, December 07, 2011 7:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Either login to that shared mailbox and use Outlook rules or try and do it from the shell - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335170.aspx
    Sukh
    Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:01 PM
  • Hi,
    I have the exact same problem. Did you solver it? How?

Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:27 PM
  • Logon to the shared mailbox via OWA and set the rules.
    Friday, December 14, 2012 3:44 PM
  • Have you actually tried this? Because it doesn't work for shared inboxes like it does personal inboxes. Rules don't trigger automatically, and they don't apply across the network, you must apply them on a machine by machine basis. Please make an effort to understand what people are actually asking, this site is cluttered with useless "answers"
    Monday, April 21, 2014 7:03 PM
  • Wow Ewhogivesashit, angry much?  Funny thing is I just set up a rule on a shared mailbox that has no Active Directory account using Outlook Web Access just as Victor Ivanidze suggested.  That makes you not only an a-hole but wrong as well.
    Wednesday, July 09, 2014 8:31 PM