none
Database Copy Seeding Failed/Event ID 9877

Question

• Cannot seed a database copy for one of my databases.  New DAG, first copy on second node;  adding copy fails at the same point every time.

I notice i have Event ID 9877 listed in  the logs:

Content Indexing function 'CISearch::EcGetRowsetAndAccessor' received an unusual and unexpected error code from MSSearch.
    Mailbox Database: {Database Name}
    Error Code: 0x80041606

I'm wondering of the seeding operation is failing because of this.  Basically there's a problem with the catalog data for the database.

Thoughts?

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:37 PM

All replies

• Helle,

Please let me know the current service pack version  and Rollup version on your exchange server ? And also the content index state on the properties of the mailbox database.

We you able to successfully add the the member to the DAG ?

Regards,

Deepak

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:19 PM
  • Helle,

Please let me know the current service pack version  and Rollup version on your exchange server ? And also the content index state on the properties of the mailbox database.

We you able to successfully add the the member to the DAG ?

Regards,

Deepak

Exchange 2010 SP2 RU1

I  had issues creating the first DAG.  I had to remove it and create a new DAG with a different name and static IP.

That seemed to work with no issues and I have both servers listed now.  The Seed operation creates the folder structure but ships no logs.

test-replicationhealth reveals:

RunspaceId       : 49fb1d90-8392-480e-ac2c-6647c7f51811
    Server           : VTCMAILV01
    Check            : QuorumGroup
    CheckDescription : Checks that the quorum and witness for the database availability group is healthy.
    Result           : *FAILED*
    Error            : Quorum resource 'Cluster Group' is not online on server 'ltcmail01'. Database availability group 'DA
                       G01' might not be reachable or may have lost redundancy. Error:
                               Cluster Name: Offline
                               Cluster IP Address: Offline
                        is offline. Please verify that the Cluster service is running on the server.

Update Database Copy:

DB01
    Failed

Error:
    A seed operation failed with a transient error on the source. Please try the seed operation again. Error Network 'DAGNetwork01' cannot be used to reach node 'vtcmailv01' because No available network interfaces exist.. [Database: DB01, Server: LTCMAIL01.Corp.comapny.com]

Network 'DAGNetwork01' cannot be used to reach node 'vtcmailv01' because No available network interfaces exist.
    Click here for help... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms.exch.err.default(EXCHG.141).aspx?v=14.2.283.3&t=exchgf1&e=ms.exch.err.Ex21B881

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
    update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity 'DB01\LTCMAIL01' -SourceServer 'VTCMAILV01' -Network 'DAG01\DAGNetwork01' -DeleteExistingFiles

Elapsed Time: 00:00:13

Failover Cluster Manager Events:

EVENT ID 1564

File share witness resource 'File Share Witness (\\vtcbexpressv1.corp.company.com\DAG01.corp.company.com)' failed to arbitrate for the file share '\\vtcbexpressv1.corp.company.com\DAG01.corp.company.com'. Please ensure that file share '\\vtcbexpressv1.corp.company.com\DAG01.corp.company.com' exists and is accessible by the cluster.

EVENT ID 1069
    Cluster resource 'File Share Witness (\\vtcbexpressv1.corp.company.com\DAG01.corp.company.com)' in clustered service or application 'Cluster Group' failed.

EVENT ID 1177

The Cluster service is shutting down because quorum was lost. This could be due to the loss of network connectivity between some or all nodes in the cluster, or a failover of the witness disk.
    Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapter. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:56 PM
  • Hi 
       Accordin to your error, there is problem of your network and FSW.
       Can you restart MS replication service and clustered service?

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 16, 2012 1:02 AM
  • Hi 
       Accordin to your error, there is problem of your network and FSW.
       Can you restart MS replication service and clustered service?

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

I have a call open with MS Support.

We verified all the FSW settings are correct.  However the environment itself may be at issue - last night the second node lost all access to the DCs (single AD Site so it lost all network connectivity).

The suggestion is that the single NIC on the second node was overwhelmed as we tried to seed a 400GB DB across the WAN.  However we would have expected that to ocvcur on BOTH ends of that equation - inducing the Node we're trying to seed FROM.

I will update later as the call progresses.

Friday, March 16, 2012 1:16 AM