none
Allow users to 'Send As' with external email addresses

Question

• I have recently installed a Server 2008 R2 + Exchange 2010 devbox with the following objective:

There are a small number of external email addresses clients use to send and receive emails within our organization. What I'd like to do is aggregate those external emails into one system - Outlook 2010 + Outlook 2010 OWA. The current idea is that we can set those external emails to forward all emails to an exchange mailbox and have clients reply to these emails by using the From: field to keep the recipients unaware that any forwarding has occurred.

The forwarding of these external emails to exchange is easy. The From field in Outlook and OWA exists, but the last piece of the puzzle is the ability for the exchange server to inspect the From field of the outgoing mail and route it to the appropriate IMAP connector to be sent to the third party email system to be sent out.

Any ideas would be appreciated. But keep in mind that I'd rather stay away from any commercial products if possible and I'd like to avoid having to modify Outlook 2010/ OWA to get it to work.

Friday, September 24, 2010 1:55 AM

All replies