none
Outlook 2010 emails sit in Outbox, Manually hitting "send all" crashes Outlook.

Question

• Hello, im wondering if someone can help. We have just rolled out to Exchange 2010 and office home and buisness 2010. Some users are having problems with their emails.

The problem is some emails go and sit in the outbox. They wont send straight away, ive checked the settings and cant find anything. Its wierd beacause its not every message. Just some and it seems to be random. if we notice a email hasnt been send we can go to the outbox and see it but when i try a "send all" outlook crashes. Once i restart it and hit send all the messages seem to go? 

Also another one of our users, the emails have wont send the same as the first, but when we try a send all outlook crashes and when we come back in and the emails have disappered competely. This again is random and not every one.

Any ideas

Thanks

James

Monday, June 27, 2011 10:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi
       Based on the current situation, this issue can be caused by several factors, such as Internet connection, AV add-in software, Outlook settings or corrupted outlook profile.
      1. Check network connection when email stuck in outbox. (Sometimes the network is connected, but there is a lot of traffic on network. You can ping server and check the time value.)
      2.Many AV add-in software will cause the problem. You can uninstall add-in software and try again.
      3.recreate outlook profile and try again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Terence YuModerator Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:29 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by trouty500 Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:21 PM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:02 AM
  • Perhaps you should try applying Office 2010 SP1. There are lots of issues fixed by Service Pack 1 (SP1) in the Office 2010 Desktop Applications. One of them is: Outlook Messages get stuck in the Outbox. Several crashes.

A workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/1/2/512CC712-4070-4CFF-BC4A-B3AFF0E21A1E/Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx

If the above link does not work, you can find the Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 Changes.xlsx here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460049

Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2460049) 64-bit Edition
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26617

Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2460049) 32-bit Edition
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26622

MCTS: Messaging | MCSE: S+M
    • Marked as answer by Terence YuModerator Thursday, July 07, 2011 1:29 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by trouty500 Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:21 PM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:04 PM
  • I know this is a while since i last replied, i tried the service pack and the problem still persists. i did think av sofftware might be the problem but we have the same av on all our machine and we only get this problem on a couple of pc's. Have deleted and recreated the outlook profile. 

when i ping the server its always a instant reply, never over 1ms

Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:30 PM
  • Try opening outlook in safe mode and test outlook /safe.
    James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Did you delete the SRS file for the profile? Corrput send/receive settings can cause issues such as this.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter
    • Marked as answer by trouty500 Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:48 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:45 PM
  • I had not deleted the SRS file, i have now and will see how the user gets on over the next couple of days. If no luck ill get him to run it in safe mode too and see if that helps. Thanks for both your suggestions.  
    Friday, September 16, 2011 10:45 AM
  • Thanks looks like this is may have done it, thank you!
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:49 PM