none
Send-On-Behalf in Outlook 2010 and Exchange 2010

Question

• To all, this has been nagging us for sometime. In Exchange 2010 we can delegate access for send-on-behalf and from Outlook 2010 we can do the same thing. After delegating UserA inbox to UserB, User B is able to open up the inbox in OWA and Outlook 2010, but when he composes email to be sent out it sends out as UserB and if he changes the "From" field to "UserA" the email sends out and UserA, which is what we want, but what is mssing here is there is no indication that this email was sent on behalf of UserA by UserB. We have confirmed that this is not a "Send As" neither the "Send As" permission was given. Please advice, this issues seems to be happening to all.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

please make sure that when your delegate send or reply a email, he choose from filed. In Outlook, by default, it will send or reply email by the mailbox owner.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:00 AM
  • Hi Buddy, did that and by doing that when we verify whom send the email it still states UserA and there is no where it stated this email was sent by UserB on-behalf of UserA. As I mentioned in my earlier thread this was a scenario which we tested already. If possible could you share a screenshot of yours if you have one. Any Microsoft Technical guys, could you verify if this is a bug in Exchange 2010/Outlook 2010 or is there something that I am missiing.
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:17 PM
  • I am seeing the same behavior.  I set the Delegate Access to for UserB to Reviewer on UserA's Inbox and am able to Send on Behalf of UserA without it showing that UserB is the real sender.  This doesn't seem right. In years past I thought at least Owner rights had to be given in order to send on behalf without it actually showing the real sender.
    Thursday, September 05, 2013 1:08 PM
  • Hi Raver, I think we can solve this, Make sure that the Delivery Option for that Particular Users is assigned properly and Check if the "Grant this Permission to" is assigned under "send on behalf". Once this all are perfectly than Select "Show From" the option in the Mail and mention the user name, Thus the recipient will find that the mail is sent in behalf of the user. Hope this will be helpful ____________________________ Naren Neelam, Messaging Consultant, ITBigBang (P) Ltd Www.ITBigBang.Com | Hire Us for Messaging Consulting
    Friday, September 13, 2013 2:57 PM